Looking for conformation critique

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SassAFrass

Reaction score
Hey guys! In my previous post I reintroduced myself as sorta new but also not new to the forum. Took a 5 year hiatus from the forum and showing actually. I bought a new mare two months ago as a buddy for my pasture puff gelding after the loss of our other mini and was surprised at what was under all her winter hair. Which has me wanting to attend a couple shows again. I am not barn blind, I see her faults but I am also not very good at conformation. I would just like to see what you guys find from her pictures. Nothing you say will hurt my feelings, she is still my baby girl and I love her dearly.

So here is Ms. Sass A Frass, take your best shot at her please and thank you!
default_hypocrite.gif

18517979_10202856435607721_3287461458167348710_o.jpg

18518082_10202856314564695_2396083519958707482_o.jpg

18403570_10202831026972521_4116986767371938471_n.jpg

Hi again.... I guess I'll break the sound barrier here and start. LOL.

You do have a lovely mare. My recommendation is to not have her stretched so far, like you are doing in the top photo. The second photo down is much more flattering.

And having her arching her neck like in the head shot is good.......She has a nice length of neck and a great throat latch/pole, so showing it off is the trick. I can tell you're going to have fun with her. Just don't make your gelding jealous! <wink>

PS: (Wish others would pipe in) Thought I'd add that I like her tail set. The tail seems to just flow off the top of her hind end. A low tail set is a common flaw with minis and it's hard to breed out.

PS: (Wish others would pipe in) Thought I'd add that I like her tail set. The tail seems to just flow off the top of her hind end. A low tail set is a common flaw with minis and it's hard to breed out.
I like her, but I'm not good at critiques. I too prefer the way she's standing in the second picture. Her head looks a tad big in that picture, but based on the other two pictures, I'll say it's just the lighting causing it to appear so.

And, for showing, I don't envy you the job of keeping those legs white and poop stain free.

Her head might be a tad not as refined as judges might wish. But a slender show halter might change that. How old is she? She appears to have nice, large forward-looking eyes. I think she has a pretty neck.

The little dog looks as though he may be imitating her!

She has a nice top line. I like her shoulder and withers. I like the way her neck ties in to her chest and that she appears to have defined withers.

Her legs look nice, maybe she toes out just a tad on the right front? It is hard to see without a picture taken from the front.

Her attitude seems inquisitive and happy. She makes a pretty package!

I think she is very nice overall. I agree her head isn't as attractive I guess you can say for a halter horse. I agree to position her like you do in the second photo. The first photo you completely loose her hind end.

Thank you all for replying! Where I show she will only be going in two halter classes, one being a color class. I'll mostly be doing it to see what she has learned. Liberty, trail, hunter/jumping will be her main classes. She's got a beautiful flowing trot with flag so I believe she'll do well in liberty. I've taken in everything that you've all said. I appreciate it!

Latest posts

Back