Looking for bulk shavings

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oakbrooke Farm

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me a source for bulk shavings in southern central TN? I have just moved to Belvidere (Franklin county).

Thanks for any help!

Open up the yellow pages and look for saw mills. You just need to verify that you are only getting softwood shavings. Virtually all mills have sawdust and shavings. You might need to get on a list but they are available in all parts of the country.

Hey Vic, most mills aren't listed in the phone book here at all. They pick up and move from spot to spot.

Glad to see you arrived. Hope you are enjoying it. It's harvest time to be sure to enjoy the pumpkin/fall festivals going on all over the place.

To find shavings closet to you, get a copy of HOOFBEATS, a free publication at any feed store there. There should be ads in there. You can also go online at www.hoofbeatsga.com

Also, call the vet I told you about and ask them where they get theirs from.

I have been getting mine in bailed shaving form from the Co-op. I am paying $3.75 a bail here.

Ask any major stable over there that you see as well. Don't be shy about it. This is Tennessee where people are very helpful and nice.
wub.gif

Well atleast you have a phone book!

Mine is more like 1/8 of an inch thick.

Mostly everyone has the same last name too if you really start looking.

There's 8 yellow pages in mine

Latest posts

Back