Looking for an eggbutt double jointed snaffle with bean link

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CONNIER

Reaction score
I am looking for an eggbutt double jointed snaffle with bean link. The closest think I can find is a butterfly jointed snaffle with bean link. Has anyone used this bit and with what success? My mini is just green broke to driving, I was using a jointed snaffle but think the bean link would be more comfortable for him. Suggestions appreciated.

Oh my gosh I was looking for the same sort of bit! My little mare has a double jointed half-cheek snaffle but I have been searching off and on for an eggbutt version forever, it seems!

I found one in pony size, but she is a big mini. I have been wondering if there is one for minis!

I've found some on the 'net in the past--I can't tell you now who had them listed though. One seller was in the UK I believe. I wasn't real taken with them because of the length of the center link (these bits were more the french link type than an actual round 'bean' in the center)--it was longer than I cared to have. The length of that center link DOES affect how the bit works in the horse's mouth. I prefer a shorter link.

Latest posts

Back