Looking for a Youth to show my Gelding at the Area VI show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MinisOutWest

Reaction score
Looking for a youth to show my gelding at the Area VI show in Lincoln NE, so they can qualify him to show at the AMHR Nationals. Anybody going? or know of an available youth?

beauhunterNats2.jpg
Beau won Amateur Hunter last year at Nationals

pintoWhunter2.jpg
and won at Pinto World Amatuer Hunter this year

or if they want, they can show him in any of the all around youth classes too

Last edited by a moderator:
Angela

Don't know what shows you are going to but Shawn is with Larry Parnell this summer and looking for horses to jump at Nationals. He would happily show him if you can catch up with him. I need to find a show for him also for a few of our own. PM me if you want his cell phone number. Also Jessie (would be in the 8-12 yr old) is available. She has a couple of her own gelding but loves hunter.

Kitty

Don't know the rules about youth showing other owners horses at Nationals........... :DOH! can't download the rule book because we have dial up and it takes forevvvverrrr
default_wacko.png
. What is the rule? How many shows do they need to show the horse in? Does showing the horse is halter make them eligiable to show the same horse in hunter? Haven't had a youth in about 5 years and have lost touch. I know there are rules now about this. Thanks!
default_aktion033.gif

just found out this weekend myself. One show one judge qualifies them
default_smile.png
And they can show for other people. I see it all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
They must show in any youth class under 2 judges to qualify them to show that horse at Nationals. The horse must also qualify itself to show at Nationals.

Hello All,

In order for the youth to show a horse at AMHR Nationals the youth must have shown with that horse under 2 judges at one or more shows but has to be 2 judges. The area shows' only have one judge, so as I understand it, they will not be qualified with only one judge regardless that it is a triple point show. You may want to call the office and ask if Area show counts different but I am on the youth committee and I am pretty sure it does not, as we have had this issue come up before.

Hello All,

In order for the youth to show a horse at AMHR Nationals the youth must have shown with that horse under 2 judges at one or more shows but has to be 2 judges. The area shows' only have one judge, so as I understand it, they will not be qualified with only one judge regardless that it is a triple point show. You may want to call the office and ask if Area show counts different but I am on the youth committee and I am pretty sure it does not, as we have had this issue come up before.

The area show DOES count as more than one judge for a Youth. We asked the same question last year.
default_biggrin.png
We we assured that it does count, and our youth showed my gewlding last year at Nationals.

Lucy

Latest posts

Back