Looking for a super nice performance horse

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jitterbug

Reaction score
How do you go about finding a mini who has been well started in hunter/jumper and obstacles in hand ? I saw a few nice horses at the Nationals but did not have enough time to locate the trainers. I really would like to buy an experienced mini that's ready to show now.

Justine Melvin

Just look and look and look. Thats all the advice I have. It may take a while, but you will eventually find the perfect horse.
yes.gif

Vermelya Farm's Corvette's Stingray is for sale right now. He is owned by Lynn Cliff Farms in Ohio. I don't have their contact info right on hand, but if you can't find it I will ask around and get it somehow. He is a gorgegous gelding who wins at the national level in halter, hunter, jumper, and obstacle. He's currently at World's right now, but I'd contact them when they get back in about a week.

Also, look up the farms that consistantly win in those classes. Typically they will have trained horses available. If not, keep checking the saleboard. There are always nice horses available and you'd have a TON to choose from so just wait for something perfect to come along.
aktion033.gif

Why not put out an ad on the Lil Beginnings Sale board?

Or advertise in your local club newsletter/publication?

Just get the word out that you are looking and you should have some nice horses to choose through.

Liz M.

Thanks for some great ideas. Unfortunately there are not many members of our club interested in showing Obstacles in Hand. I will keep looking.

Justine

While buying a horse that's ready to go into the ring is nice, you can't beat the feeling when you take a horse YOU trained and worked with in and do well!

You might think about finding a nice gelding that's easy to handle and have fun with him showing him the ropes (and the tarps, and the jumps, and the water
biggrin.gif
)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Justine

You already have some NICE horses - why don't you train one yourself!!

There are loads of good books/videos out there nowdays
biggrin.gif

You can come to our house; obstacle, jumping and driving are our favorites!!

My husband loves to have to mow our front yard, lol - after moving jumps, tarps, poles, cones, hula hoops, noodles, etc
rolleyes.gif

We have a 3-year old stallion available who has just started obstacle and hunter/jumper this year. He may be a good possibility. If interested, let me know. More photos, information and pedigree on our website under "Stallions".

Thousand Oaks Bolero Blue

Bolero190.jpg

Justine, If you are in Cheryls neck of the woods then you are also in ours sort of. You can work a started horse to fininsh it......Ask Cheryl about how fast my GQ is learning stuff while he is visiting there.... I have a weanling gelding that is starting obstacle and a yearling also starting . The yearling is an A and the weaner is a B. E mail me if you are really interested in buying one. Otherwise start one of yours. Anything can become an obstacle and the more different things you exposed them too the more they will like to learn.

Lyn

f46cf519.jpg
Howie the yearling

f3a8a0d4.jpg
Lucky the weaner

Many thanks to everyone who helped me find my dream horse !!! Yesterday I had a friend purchase a mini for me at the World who finished with 4 top tens and one championship. Lee Crutchfield will be bringing him back to North Carolina for me. He is absolutely perfect for me and there is nothing he can't do.

Justine

www.finallyfarm.net

[SIZE=14pt]Congratulations Justine!!! Cant wait to see pics and hear all about him.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Jitterbug said:
How do you go about finding a mini who has been well started in hunter/jumper and obstacles in hand ?  I saw a few nice horses at the Nationals but did not have enough time to locate the trainers.  I really would like to buy an experienced mini that's ready to show now.
Justine Melvin

479117[/snapback]

Oh...boy do I know of a horse for you! Is this what you are looking for...too bad I don't own him anymore, but he is for sale...he does it ALL!

Bali 1

Bali 2

So glad to see you finally come out of the Shadows and post. !!
aktion033.gif
Congratulations on your new little addition. He is going to do wonderful things for you. Glad the Forum was able to help you find your dream horse. maryann

Latest posts

Back