Looking for a Mini Horse On Line Tack Store

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maryann at MiniV

Reaction score
It use to advertise through Lil Beginnings and their halters were VERY reasonable!!! They were a mini horse farm AND sold tack on the side on their website.... Does anyone remember? Or if not, do you have another source you recommend??? We need both halters AND leads.

I’ve used a LOT of different halters, but now I’ll only buy Chimacum’s betathane halters.(Other than Coady’s leather halter with a nameplate...I splurged on that one but 80% of the time I use his beta one.)BEACCC56-55CF-4A82-9A9D-55F36A80271F.jpeg387B88F5-299F-4DC9-B6E6-07BF2DA3C348.jpeg They might cost a little more than nylon but beta lasts forever and looks nice longer. I use the 3/4” halter on Coady (39” tall) and the 1/2” halter on Rosie (30” tall). Rosie wears a size 100 and I have a 300 for Coady, though he might be able to wear a 200.

Aaawww.... He is so CUTE!!!

I ended up buying from Star Lake.... I had to buy over a dozen halters and a dozen leads. Their 6 foot nylon leads are on sale if you don't care what color and buy groupings of 6. The leads come out costing $4 each, which is good deal. Their halters are reasonable too.

"Ozark" website is minitack.com (I think).
Another is KayJay, can't recall off the top of my head their website, and I lost a lot of bookmarks moving to the new computer.

OH! Chanda! It was KayJay I was trying to remember! Thank you! I did end up ordering from Star Lake, though.
(I lost my bookmarks too...for the same reason.)
Glad I could help.
I had saved some bookmarks for a previous computer change, but that was 10 years ago, and 100s of bookmarks ago, so only had a small handful in that saved filed compared to what was on the computer that I just left (had to make the switch to Windows 10, and there are still some features I don't like, and miss my Windows 7 computer for).

Glad I could help.
I had saved some bookmarks for a previous computer change, but that was 10 years ago, and 100s of bookmarks ago, so only had a small handful in that saved filed compared to what was on the computer that I just left (had to make the switch to Windows 10, and there are still some features I don't like, and miss my Windows 7 computer for).
We just had to change from 7 to Windows 10, too, recently. Guru husband was able to import all the bookmarks, thank goodness. I need to go through them and purge the ones that are no longer any good. I think I got a headstall from Star Lake.

i have used minitack.com purchased 2 beautiful leather halters from them very well made. they are the small horse division of state line tack.

i have used minitack.com purchased 2 beautiful leather halters from them very well made. they are the small horse division of state line tack.
Really? When did that happen? I thought they were a stand alone company.

Really? When did that happen? I thought they were a stand alone company.

They sold out to State Line a few years ago. It’s sad really...horse.com is the parent company (used to be called Country Supply) and they bought up State Line probably 14 years ago now. Just like minitack, State Line had higher quality equipment. Unfortunately the prices for such equipment were too high and I think that’s why they ended up selling. I’m guessing that’s the same thing that happened to minitack. They had great quality equipment, but it was very expensive. They used to have extensive lines of harnesses and show halters but now you have to weed through the tough 1 brand to find the good stuff. (Yes, Tough 1 does have some quality items, but they’re often on the lower end of the scale)

I've been buying supplements from Horse.com since it was only Country Supply and a paper catalog I got in the mail, the convenience of online is wonderful.
The info on the MiniTack sites, still talks about Lisa starting it however many years ago; but their website does now look like Horse dot com's site, as does State Line's and the rest in their fold.

Latest posts

Back