Lookie what Deb (Dimimore) is getting . . .

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxy's Run

Reaction score
Deb asked me to design some stall signs for her in case there was a time when someone besides herself would have to care for the horses and not know who was who. I know that with my own little herd, I am the only one who knows exactly who is who, so her idea is a great one. Well, this is what we came up with.

Deb, I hope you enjoy them and they will be shipped out to you early this week. They just need one more coating and drying time and Whallaaa, there you go!

stallsigns003.jpg

stallsigns004.jpg

stallsigns005.jpg

stallsigns006.jpg

Then I made a farm sign for myself as I don't have one:

stallsigns007.jpg

I hope everyone likes them. Thanks for looking.

Linda

Roxy's Run Miniatures

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Nice nice job!!! What a wonderful idea!

Congratulations!

Bonnie

Those look great Linda! I think that is something that many people overlook. I think all stalled horses should have an indentifying sign on their stall.

What I have done is to print out separate 8 x 10 sheets with each horse's photo & name on it, and whether a stallion or mare, colt or filly.

Below that, I print out specific feeding instructions for each particular horse.

I then slide the sheets into a vinyl "protective" sleeve that has magnetic strips on the back & stick them to the metal plates we screwed onto the front of each stall door.

If changes need to be made, I just slide the old sheet out of the vinyl sleeve & do a new one on the computer to replace it with. And if I want to move horses into different stalls...all I have to do is to pull the magnetic vinyl sleeves off the plate & move it along with the horse.
yes.gif

Great job Linda! They are wonderful. Is that Snip?

Lee

I did the same thing that Dona did when I had a petsitter. I also did pictures of the 4 cats and 3 dogs so she could keep everybody straight.

I have a file in my file drawer labeled- "In an Emergency" and I have everything listed there that could possibly come up if something suddenly happened to me. Better safe than sorry.

Lee, I'm sorry, that isn't Snip. That is Roxy's Shelby a 2004 Filly by Snip's sire. How was the show?

Linda

Roxy's Run Miniatures

Linda, they look wonderful, I kinda wish I had had a better pic of Halley but pics of black horses are tough and well, black is black when you're putting them away.
yes.gif

I love em! And I am proud to be your first customer. Anything I can do to help a budding business lady. I think your stall signs are a great idea. I'm older and should something else happen where I can't put the kids in at least anyone can figure out who goes where. I also have a sheet in a plastic sleeve at each stall with feeding instructions.

aktion033.gif

Beautiful signs.......and great looking horses! They should really dress up a barn.

I do the same as Dona. Print info along with a picture, feeding instructions, etc., then put it in a clear plastic sheet protector, staple on the stall. The young man who horsesits for us says they're really helpful. Also print out we're we're at, phone #'s, vet #, and a backup person to contact if they need help. Plus we have a neighbor who is "horse wise" who will come and check on them during the day. Put that in a sheet protector next to the phone in the barn. And then hope we have all bases covered! Always worry that something unexpected will happen and try to be prepared.

Thank you so very much Debbie.
cheekkiss.gif
I can't wait for you to see them in person.
biggrin.gif

Linda

Roxy's Run Miniatures

Latest posts

Back