Look who I fed tonight!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maplegum

Reaction score
My friends that bred Bailey and Willow also take in orphaned wild life, especially kangaroos. They currently have 4 of them, 2 are slightly older and almost ready to be released back into the wild. They laze around the house, in front of the fire like cats and dogs do.

This is Evan and Levi....both 8 months old. They have make shift pouches that they get tucked away into and come out for their bottles 3 times a day and also for a hop around.

DSC00020.jpg

This is Billy and Zac. I think they are about 19 months old or so. They still drink one bottle a day and are real lounge lizards. They still sleep in pouches too over night, but will lay by the fire with their heads on pillows while we watch tv.

Picture1684.jpg

And this is me feeding Billy and Zac their night time bottles. These 2 guys basically inhale the milk back! Notice the other babies in their pouches behind me? They were being very patient waiting for their bottles too.

Picture1703.jpg

They are growing up so quickly! When they arrived, the big guys could fit down your jacket front!

xox Leonie xox

Oh they are adorable!!! I wouldnt be able to release them! I would have hundreds hanging or should I say hopping at my house.

Last edited by a moderator:
default_aktion033.gif
That is way too awesome!!! They are so cute, especially with their little heads and legs sticking out of the pouches. Very neat! That would be so much fun!

Ummmm Can we have a sleep over at your house?????????
default_new_shocked.gif
They look like SO much fun
default_biggrin.png

That looks like so much fun! I've helped out at rescue places with deer and stuff.

default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
they are really cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Too cute Leonie! Did I ever mention that I went out with a guy from Sydney? We saw each other for 4 years or so. Sweety. Lots of Vegemite was had
default_wink.png

Too cute Leonie! Did I ever mention that I went out with a guy from Sydney? We saw each other for 4 years or so. Sweety. Lots of Vegemite was had
default_wink.png
Ohhhh c'mon Matt! Since when do Canadians like vegemite? My hubby is Canadian (currently back in Ontario visitng family, so if you see him around, tell him I said hi), and he hates the stuff!!
default_smileypuke.gif
He also tried it on a few Canadian friends and family and they can't understand how we could eat the stuff. I guess we were bought up on it. Nothing like butter and vegemite on a crusty bread roll or vegemite on toast for breakfast!

Did you actually come to Australia or did you meet your guy in Canada? I love a good 'meeting' story!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
If your ever in Australia, come and say hi..!
default_yes.gif

xox Leonie xox

No, seriously, I actually liked it. I love love love food and rarely really dislike anything -with the exception of sea cucumber...eeewwwww-.

I met him in Toronto. I never got a chance to get to Australia, but his parents did come over here to visit and that was nice. He came with his three brothers and a friend. They all started bartending at various clubs etc. and fairly quickly all became very successful over here in various ventures. Smart, resourceful guys.

I will definitely stop in and say hi if I'm ever in the area. You're on the west coast right? Whereabouts again? Would love to go to Australia!

Matt

No, seriously, I actually liked it. I love love love food and rarely really dislike anything -with the exception of sea cucumber...eeewwwww-.

I met him in Toronto. I never got a chance to get to Australia, but his parents did come over here to visit and that was nice. He came with his three brothers and a friend. They all started bartending at various clubs etc. and fairly quickly all became very successful over here in various ventures. Smart, resourceful guys.

I will definitely stop in and say hi if I'm ever in the area. You're on the west coast right? Whereabouts again? Would love to go to Australia!

Matt
We are in Victoria (Melbourne) which is actually the south/east coast I guess. We are about 1 hour from the ocean, tucked away in the state forest. It's a really pretty spot.

I've also been to Canada when hubby and I were doing the 'long distance' thing. LOVED Canada so much, just didn't love the winter. I don't know that I could spend an entire winter dealing with all that snow. It was a beautiful place, I really loved it! Your way of life and life style is the same as ours. Very relaxed, casual people.

Our door is always open.
default_biggrin.png

xox Leonie xox

Thanks for sharing those wonderful photos, Leonie! What an adorable crew!
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back