Look what we got..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CONGRATULATIONS on your new filly!! I just have to ask this...why do some of you guys blanket in the middle of summer??

That is a perfect name, Christine.
aktion033.gif

What an adorable little girl! Congratulations!
biggrin.gif

Mona,

My mom lives in Tennesse and she called yesterday and said it was rainy and chilly as to why the foal probably has a blanket on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mona said:
CONGRATULATIONS on your new filly!!  I just have to ask this...why do some of you guys blanket in the middle of summer??
423894[/snapback]

Mona..I blanketed more for navel protection..we wanted to let her run..BUT it was muddy..I didn't want her to lay in the mud or get muddsplatters on her..Plus it was chilly..if it where dry I would not have put it on her..
rolleyes.gif

Congrats on the filly! She is so cute and the mudskin coloring is wonderful as well!

littlesteppers said:
Just redipped navel..she has defenitly Blue eyes..wonder where they came from..Both parents are solid..the dam has head markings ..and the sire roaning..so maybe sabino gene at work??
new_shocked.gif

423680[/snapback]

Buckarena is simply adorable Christine!
wub.gif
She may or may not keep the blue eyes. Dilute foals are often born with blue eyes that will darken up later. If they are a grayish blue...they will most likely darken. If they are really light/bright blue...they will probably stay that color.

BTW....as far as Pinto genes go...Sabino does not cause blue eyes. Frame & Splash can however.
yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back