Look What Samson Found

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvmymini2

Reaction score
My husband woke me this morning said Samson cornered this IN THE BARN !!!! :new_shocked: No one was bitten Thank God!!! It's laying by a :eek: 3 ft.yard stick..It's about 4 ft.long....Has about 10 rattlers...this is the second one this week.last Sunday nite I killed a 2 1/2 foot one on our back porch..Samson and Jack Had him cornered..sounded like the whole back yard was full of snakes he was so loud......our barn is about 50 feet grom the house..My husband said they were on the move,,well They can just move somewhere else....it's scary so close to the house and IN MY BARN!!!!..thanks for letting me share... I just love my dogs...such protecers..
IMAGE001.jpg
jack08.jpg
IMAGE005.jpg

YUCK! You are so lucky your dog wasn't bitten. When I lived in Florida, we had a few bitten on the nose, one, a lab puppy died. The vet said the fang marks were over an inch apart. My corgi was lucky, her snake was small.

I never want to live in a rattlesnake area again! Durn things scare me to death.

I have lived here for 4 years ,we didn't have any snakes this close to the house in thoes 4 years..I guess it's so hot...I'm putting my baby moniter back in the barn so I can at least hear the darn things if one get back in there...

OMG that IS scarey!!! :new_shocked: You are lucky no one got bit. I just had a conversation about this same topic with a forum friend a few days ago. Altho we live in the northeast we have them around, 'cept they're not as abundant as they would be in the southwest/desert areas. GOOD BOY Sampson and Jack, but please stay safe!!! :aktion033:

Last edited by a moderator:
I love snakes, I'm just perverse that way, but I can see why you would be worried.

Mind you, if the dog had not attacked it most likely it would just have gone on it's way.

They are not normally aggressive beasties.
default_smile.png

I like snakes too as long as they aren't around my animals.....had a horse die from a bite years ago and a dog nearly die ..I hate to see them in pain...a good rattler is a dead rattler

Latest posts

Back