Look what Kev found on the road!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt73

Reaction score
It's a painted turtle. Isn't he pretty?

DSCF0073.jpg

DSCF0072-1.jpg

cute~ I love turtles. We always save them if they are in the road!
default_saludando.gif

WOW!!! Very pretty. I love painted turtles!

He's neat! I've never seen a turtle in the wild......

That is very cool!

My four-year-old enjoyed the pics. They have a penchant for turtles (our feed store has two or three) lately.

We don't have them "wild" around here, though, that I know of.

Liz

Turtles are a good sign tell Kevin, slow and steady gets it done. Pretty creaure but I will remind you most turtles carry salmonella so be sure to wash your hands after handling. They love raw burger and lettuce if you keep him but he would also love a lovey boggy place to live away from traffic.

Seems like everyone else is finding turtles lately! I want to find one too
default_yes.gif
Too bad there aren't any where I live
default_sad.png
He is so neat!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love turtles
default_smile.png

My dad and I saved one in the town our office is in the other day, but it was a "regular" box turtle.

That is cool. Do you think he is native or a release? He will make an awesome pet.
He's native. They're common around southern Ontario. We're not keeping him as a pet -turtles carry salmonella along with other stuff-. We just picked him off the road and let him go in the creek, where he's happy
default_yes.gif

We rescue box turtles all the time. We live surrounded by woods. We release them in the yard but never see them again. Aren't painted turtles the ones they sell as pets?

We rescue box turtles all the time. We live surrounded by woods. We release them in the yard but never see them again. Aren't painted turtles the ones they sell as pets?

I think many species of turtles are sold as pets: painted, red-eared sliders, even box.

Latest posts

Back