Look what I got

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wade3504

Reaction score
I brought this guy home yesterday. I adopted him from a horse rescue here in Florida. He's two years old and had two AMHA parents but went way over AMHA height by 11 inches. So, he's a grade pony but I don't care. I'm going to use him for driving. I need a name for him and want to knw what you guys think of him. His name at the rescue was Fabio but I just can't keep that one.

pony_edited.jpg

pony4_edited.jpg

pony3_edited-1.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Oh my Amanda,
default_wub.png
[/SIZE]

he's very handome!
default_laugh.png

As for a name, the first name that came to mind was Samson.
default_poke.gif

Amanda--he's beautiful.
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
"Joe" came to my mind first.
default_smile.png

Rachel says "Buddy" or "Tucker" but Tucker is what I'm using if I ever get a colt!
default_laugh.png
There's room in this big world for a Tucker or two.
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on a beauty!! If you hadn't said he was mini/pony, by the last pic he looks like a young Quarter Horse
default_yes.gif

My name suggestions:

Austin

Clu

Jimmy

Skipper

There's room in this big world for a Tucker or two
We had a Tucker, full brother to our miss Electra, he's a buckskin pinto gelding and 2 years old now (
default_new_shocked.gif
boy that makes me feel OLD that he's a 2 year old already!!!)

There you go Amanda--Tucker--Cristina likes it, I like it... and the south isn't covered.... that we know of.
default_laugh.png

Oh yes, Cristina--you're soooo old.
default_rolleyes.gif

Even if one of our vet's name's is Dr. Tucker?
default_unsure.png

My husband says we should name him Music-I'm not to sure about that.

I thought about Bailey and his show name would be Bail Me Out (because of the circumstances he was rescued from), but we haven't decided. Keep the names coming. We're giving it some time to see if one comes up as we get to know him more too.

Karla, I can't do Joe as my brother's name is Joe.

Lucky C, I'm done with the big horses. I just tried getting back into those and it's too dangerous. I decided I wasn't playing around with my transplanted kidney and pancreas so What'shisname definitely not a "big" horse.

Amanda

Tucker might be bad, the vet might think your crushin' on him!
default_smile.png

I like Music, with Muse as the barn name.

I really like your Baily idea!

How about Comet? That is my thought as soon as I saw his picture.

Geez, you guys are just making it harder now
default_smile.png

Lilhorseladie, the vet would find it amusing but he also is good looking as well
default_smile.png

Oh I saw a photo of this vet once--and it would be awesome to name a horse after him. He'd be flattered.
default_wink.png

That's okay, Amanda--we'll save the name for my 2009 colt.

I can see why Joe won't work.
default_laugh.png

Jimmy?

Shimano?

Luke?

He sure is cute, I have a cat named Tucker, he sure will make a flashy driving pony
default_smile.png
Kathy

What a gorgeous color!! I like tucker to....I dont know any tuckers around hear!!

I vote for Lyric

Angie
Ohhhh, now that grabbed me, especially since my husband said Music and he usually takes no interest in the horses-or at least very little.

My friend/barn owner agrees that Tucker just won't work because of the vet. She thinks he wouldn't say anything but would think it.

Amanda

My niece had a horse named Rhythm... I always loved that.

Lyric is cool, too. Unique.

Angie--you're good at this. It sure beats "Joe."
default_laugh.png

Latest posts

Back