Look, Look, Look

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

midnight star stables

Reaction score
The lady who we bought Bks early morning joy(avatra) from has just bought 4 or 5 new minis, & asked me if I would like this filly, we have first dibs!!!

Shes a Black & white filly with amzing pedigree(sp), she is Homozygous & is doubled reg. She will be 33". We would get her in October. She is so cute! My mom likes her... now just get Joe to agree
biggrin.gif
well, I won't keep you wondering any longer, Please say hello to BKS SUMMER FASHION!!

here is a picture of her:

BSF.jpg

(I do have the right to post this picture, the seller is fine with it
yes.gif
)

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you plan to do with this collection of Minis you are getting
biggrin.gif

Palomino88 said:
What do you plan to do with this collection of Minis you are getting 
biggrin.gif

458331[/snapback]

Show, breed, raise, sell & love... what more is there! lol

We are getting into breeding minis by next spring.. so its a boost.

She may also sell us her dam in foal to the same sire... can I say spoiled?!?
wub.gif
yes.gif

Why do you HAVE to get in to breeding by next spring?

THe filly has to be older then a july baby to be sheded out and look like that.

The rest of my comments I will keep to myself.

why do you have to breed by next spring?? I hate to be a wet blanket but you really need to think it thru. Have you guys ever wintered over horses yet?? That can be a real eye opener!! Also i think you have only bought very young fillies so by spring you still wont have anything old enough to breed?? Guess im confused.

I guess I am confused too... your two fillies are to young to breed for at least another 2 years (So there 3 when you breed them)

Our family is going to start breeding minis for sale to pay for our taxes, in our new house the taxes are 4 x what they should be, so even in selling one foal for 500$, it helps... You all will frame me here, but 13 years ago we DID buy, breed & sell... we had over 45 horses & ponies... feeding $ is cheep, Shoeing & trimming is really cheap, & we have a family friend who is a vet... etc..

My family, not just me, has talk about this & it is our choice... OUR CHOICE.

Next spring we are buying 2-5 bred mares & will foal them out... our fillys are to take to shows & get our name out...

Now please listen, I did not ask for any comment on our family getting into bredding or not... Please, Its none of anyones business... I only made a comment
no.gif
I posted this to show you this amazing filly(IMO) & to share my happy news... not judgements on us.

Now Ashley, I'm guessing her age... she said she would wean the filly in october... now maybe i miss counted, she weans 4-5 months... so i did it in my head... that's all I know.. she is a june/ july foal then... i guess

I dont want to rain on your parade BUT with gass prices going up the cost of hay will double and that doesnt sound like "feed is cheap" to me. Everything will double for that matter. And no one will have a spare $500 for a foal. They are seriously saying General Moters will fold in less then 2 years and if that does - well a horse wont be worth a penny. With all that has just happend and what its building up for all I am saying is be carefull.

Enough said from me - shes a cute filly.

Just to say too, all foals are double reg... even colts sell for $1000 & fillys from $1000 to 2500$.... just saying that even if we only got $500 it would help...

I'm not asking for opinions... I'm only sharing

no.gif

She's a sweety.
aktion033.gif
But have a backup plan for help with the tax bill.

Desiree...

As much as I would like to honor your post as no, you didnt ask for people to tell you about breeding, I tink its kinda good that they are telling you.

I think people were just wondering that you were going to breed these fillies too young is all.

She is a a pretty girl!

I agree...I think they are just saying that the fillies are to young to breed yet and I agree with that. I know some people breed their fillies at 2 yrs of age, and some wait until they are 3 yrs old. I'm one who waits until they are 3 yrs old to breed.

But anyway...she is a very cute filly....congratulations!!
smile.gif

Edited to add: I think I may of misread your post. I went back and re-read it and I think I have it right now, you said your fillies you are going to show and you may buy some bred mares to foal out next spring?? Correct me if I'm wrong. If so....I apologize for the mistake. I think we were getting confused that you were planning on breeding the yearlings. Sorry for the confusion!
wacko.gif

new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif
Good Grief! Don't tell Jerry that he can sell my foals to pay our taxes!
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif

Congratulations on the pretty filly.

Just wondering what are the amazing bloodlines she has that you mentioned?

You said you have to "get your name out there" and I know that is a hard thing to do. I believe in order to do that, you need to be showing at some good registered shows and bring home some winnings to gain respect from your peers. That cost plenty of front money. I know I can't do that.

Best wishes on your endeavours.

She's a very cute filly!

I agree people were getting confused about the age/breeding issue.

But I also want to add this......it's well known that to make a little bit of money in the horse business you have to start out with a whole lot of money.
wacko.gif

Everyone is just trying to tell you that things can and will go wrong..........for example::::::::

Last year was my first year of having foals. Out of the 6 I had, 2 were stillborn and the mares needed vet care.

One of the foals had such a bad birth (dystocia) that the vet bills just for her being born were $2,900 dollars. I sold the filly as a weanling for $1,500. So I still lost $1,400.

This year I had 3 mares bred, 2 aborted. The one filly that I did have born and was planning to sell, is no longer sell-able. She was born a preemie and has permanent damage. She will live here for life, no problem I'm attached. But she can't be sold and she won't bring money in, she is 3 months old and her vet bills so far in her life add up to $3,200 dollars.

Everyone is just trying to point out that it is a very rare comodity to beable to actually MAKE money raising horses, especially Miniature because they seem to have more breeding/foaling problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back