Longest Gestation?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Janet_D.

Reaction score
I know this was discussed a while back, but I can't remember who had the mare who went over a year. I have a maiden mare at 357 days now. She is huge, but has no bag. We can see the baby move. Her last preg. check was at 7 months--an ultrasound by the vet. Just wondering about this mare. Is she carrying a foal or a baby elephant?
wacko.gif

[SIZE=14pt]My little Howie ( DCF How Sweet IT IS) baked for over 379 days![/SIZE]

Lyn

Thank you Lyn. Now I remember it was you who had the "slow cooker". Janet Day

Well, she's obviously pregnant! However, was she handbred or pasture bred????

If she was handbred, keep track. She may be a good documentation for a future record!
yes.gif

MA

Yes, MA, she was handbred. This is one of my homegrown girls. She has always been "different", i.e. kind of a kooky personality. I would expect this girl to do something out of the ordinary! Janet Day

My first bred mare went 368 days. I was there when she bred brought her home and she was not with another stallion so I know the date on that one.

I am almost 99% certain that Dollie went a year or over. She just kept cooking and cooking.

Since she had had other foals, we thought we knew her pattern but she didn't follow it this year.

Latest posts

Back