Living History......our Hemlock Brooks mare

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loess Hills

Reaction score
Sioux City, Iowa - on the Lewis & Clark Trail
[SIZE=10pt]Her name is Hemlock Brooks Amber Lace. She was bred by J.C. Williams of South Carolina, of the well-known Dell Teras line.
Foaled May 2, 1983, her dam was Dell Teras Flower Girl, and sire was Dell Teras Apache who went back to Del's Little Man.
Amber was bred to Hemlock Brooks Silver Legend, and produced the first of 12 registered foals in 1988. We purchased her in 2004,
and she gave us two beautiful filles. Her last foal was in 2005, and she is retired from breeding, although she still nickers to the stallions,
just to let them know she "might" be interested.

Amberleft09.jpg

Amberhead2.jpg

Amberright09.jpg

I call her a beautiful older lady who is so gentle and trusting of people. Her previous owner took her to nursing homes, parades,
and children's programs in her younger years. Amber always behaved like a lady. She "talks" to us each morning if she doesn't
get her grain first, and she's always the first to come in from the pasture to her stall, and will stand there and let you know
she's ready for dinner!

Realistically, I know the day will come when she can no longer run out to the green grass, but we will treasure and care for
this wonderful old girl, a living piece of miniature horse history. [/SIZE]
Wish Amber Lace a Happy Birthday, even if it's somewhat belated!

Last edited by a moderator:
Shes gorgeous. Shes looking really good for 26, you take such good care of your peice "living history," I hope you have many more, healthy, happy, and loving years togethor.

She looks really good for 26, you must take such good care of her
default_wub.png
Happy belated birthday to Amber, may she have many more happy years with you.

Yvonne

We share the same birthday! Well, the May 2 part.
default_wink.png
She is lovely Rose. I'm honored to say that I share a birthday with such a treasure.

Charlotte

What a grand lady
default_biggrin.png
She looks wonderful

it sounds as though she is adored by you

she is lucky to be with such a loving family

who appreciates her history

Thanks for sharing her story

hope she has many more happy years in her home with you

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW she is just 1 year younger than me
default_biggrin.png
What a great life she's had
default_smile.png
Such a pretty girl
default_yes.gif

[SIZE=10pt]We get caught up into thinking about today's horse............and the current trends..........sometimes overlooking[/SIZE]

older horses that contributed to the history of the breed. We just love this old girl!!

Wanted to add a picture of Amber with her 2004 foal, who was appropriately named Amber Rose.

TwoAmbersedgesfading.jpg

TwoAmbersheads.jpg

default_wub.png
o boy

she looks great.

i would never guess her as a 26 yr mare.If only we could look that great at that age

What a grand lady she is! I have been an admirer of the Hemlock Brooks lines. On one of our trips to visit our kids in Alaska we had the opportunity to visit Alton and Renee Blahuta in Fairbanks. They have or had the North Star Farm in Fairbanks, where Hemlock Brooks Silver Elegance had been retired to. If he is still living Elegance would be 29 years young. Every once in a while a horse comes along that absolutely takes your breath away and Amber is just one of those horses!

[SIZE=10pt]Happy Birthday beautiful Lady! [/SIZE] Wishing you many more healthy years.....

Happy Birthday to a great mare! She is lovely. I love the older horses, they age so much better than people I think
default_biggrin.png

Happy Birthday Amber Lace, you are a lucky girl having such a loving family!

Robin

One of the first minis we ever bought is a pinto stallion named Touch of Magic whose paternal Grandfather was Lucky Four Harbor Lights and maternal grandfather was Hemlock Brooks Buckaroo (Making great-grandpa Ramundo). Even though some trainers and such have told us he is too "old school or coarse" to be breeding in today's market we absolutely love him. Your girl is beautiful and Magic wishes her a very happy birthday!!
default_wub.png

stephscard188.jpg

Here is a pic of Magic visiting with Diesel, our shetland.

Latest posts

Back