Liver Pool?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A liverpool bit is hung in a fixed position on the cheek pieces. The reins can be placed on the ring in a snaffle position or on the holes below in the shanks. In the snaffle position it is less severe but gives you more "cranking" power than a snaffle as your rein action creates pressure on the poll. The lower you place the rein the more leverage you create. For a horse that is strong out cross country you may find you need this extra leverage.

Every bit is as stong as the hand who handle's it.

In europe almost everybody who drives rides with a LP or same style bit.

Almost alway's a shank.

I see no problems with it. My horse is very easy to ride, I always ride her wit a LP wit a low port, but I can ride her with snaffle, with halter, if I want....

I won't use a LP in combination with a check

donkeys/mules are often driven in curb bits for more control

some just don't respond to bits without a curb

my good friend has a 6 hitch of mini mules who are all driven in western style curbs

Yea, i have learned that is what you need, I think it's just Leia that needs it. Aura practically neck reins.

I would try it on the snaffle rings first as you will still have extra leverage than usual and then if that isn't effective enough move it first to the top hole in the shank and work your way down till you and she come to an understanding.
default_smile.png
With a leverage bit the slightest pressure from your hands is greatly increased.

Latest posts

Back