Little "WAR" quiz..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlesteppers

Reaction score
As president I unilaterally and preemptively committed an act of war against a small country and risked a much larger conflict in order to protect the United States against weapons of mass destructyon. Who am I?

Answer?

Next

As president I preemptively attacked a small country led by a cruel leader without benefit of UN approval and for reasons which are disputed to this day. This country posed no threat to the United States and my attack served no national security purpose. I told the American public that our troops would be home shortly, but after several years they are still there. Who am I?

HMMM....answer?

next

As president I unilaterally and preemptively attacked a small country without benefit of UN approval because I thought they were pursuing weapons of mass destruction. As it turned out, neither concerns were true. My intelligence was faulty and all my attack did was to anger the Islamic world. Who am I?

I believe the first answer would be JFK and the Cuban Missle Crisis.

As the war in Iraq continues, it's important to look at the first time a President's problems with UN inspections for weapons of mass destruction led to a tragic result. The President was John F. Kennedy, but his story has taken decades to emerge.

The National Security Archive historians present many pages of declassified documents confirming what Dean Rusk told us in 1990. The documents are especially interesting in light of the recent events in Iraq: The actions of George W. Bush, Saddam Hussein, and UN Secretary General Kofi Anan in the fall of 2002 regarding weapons of mass destruction parallel very closely the actions—and even the words—of JFK, Fidel Castro, and UN Secretary General U Thant in the fall of 1962.

Good show Betty..this was number One...now the other two???
default_saludando.gif

That one stressd my brain. I have to track down hubby he is the history man LOL.

Hmmm it seems to me it was Bill Clinton and something with Sebia/Kosovo but i am not sure this time.

Wasn't that Clinton and Mogodesho, Somalia (sp?). The movie BlackHawk down was made based on that event.

Last edited by a moderator:
The third one was Clinton when he bombed a pharmaceutical factory in Sudan

The first one was the easiest for me but the next two I had to think about. I guess I have blocked out these Democratic administrations.

As for JFK he also attempted to support an invasion of Cuba.

Good history lesson!
default_488.gif

default_aktion033.gif
Thanks
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back