Little Prize all cleaned up for show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GypsyMoonMinis

Reaction score
I decided Im going to show Surprise at the Montana fair. He and I have quite a relationship. He was a gift from my mother last summer and wow is he ever smart. Nothing escapes his attention and no matter where I go, his blue eyes follow me. He is my trick pony (Note: i've found teaching tricks isn't always good for a show pony, as my yearling gelding tried kissing my daughter during her showmanship class lol).. he's started spanish walk, will wave and salute, skip, use a pedistool and bow. He follows my fingers for direction and will come to my side when asked. he's 3 now, and i've considered maybe training him to be a therapy mini, since he's small.

Anyways, long story short he got the spa treatment today and after 5 hours of bathing and clipping this is what was underneath. I was so proud I had to share :D Sadly I wasn't able to trim his ears. For all his smarts, and all my desensitizing, he's horribly head shy around his ears, so Id probably need to have the vet sedate him. As much as Im dying to see what his ears look like under the wool, I just don't know if its worth it. Photos were taken by both my husband and I, and I did the editing.

surprise.jpg

"waving" hello, he just has the most intent look on his face as he watches me

_DSC0844.jpg

He's much stockier than my arenosa minis. I call him my quarter horse and they are the arabs :p

_DSC0897.jpg

Showing off

_DSC0878.jpg

By now he is thoroughly NOT pleased, he's missed his lunch and now dinners late...

_DSC0887.jpg

And I had to toss in this shot of Diego, he's the little yearling that had PHF. 4 days at the vets on IV's and he's feeling much much better, as noted by his "beautiful smile"! Poor baby lost so much weight while he was sick
default_sad.png
whats funny though is he will follow us around smiling, trying to get our attention. When they first learn a new trick they do it constantly for praise and treats, it cracks me up. One of these days I need to put together a movie of all of thier 'performances'

_DSC0830.jpg

They are both so cute! I can sympathize with the ears. We are going to our first show on the 21st and I'm not sure how my boys are going to like that. Everything else they don't even need to be tied for, they will just stand, but I think the ears will be a different story!

I LOVE that last picture! So cute!

Barbara

LOL.....love the last shot, too. I teach my horses to "smile" & they always greet me with big toothy ones, expecting a treat!

Love Surprise's blue eyes!

Back