Little King Sale

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boinky

Reaction score
We didn't get there until very late the last maybe 10 lots of mini's and then the shetlands... It was DEFINATLY a buyers market. Many that I saw went for under $500... heck MOST of the ones i saw did.. many went fr $100, 200 ish. Most of the shetlands didn't top out much over $150 (one mare did go up to like 800 i think) and at least one of them went for a whopping $25.00!!!!. It was great for buyers but it made me SICK..seriously just the thought that our market is that poor??? I really wanted one shetland that was double reg... but i assumed he'd go for a lot more. I hadn't even signed up to bid since i went without much money and was just along for the ride but wholly cow i'd have begged borrowed or stole the $150 he went for.. *sigh*. jen had purchased 2 horses previously from them and that's why we went to pick them up but she ended up coming home with a nice little colt ad shetland too because they were so cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of the shetlands didn't top out much over $150 (one mare did go up to like 800 i think) and at least one of them went for a whopping $25.00!!!!.
Oh my goodness dont tell me that!!! So had my eye on an amhr/aspc....Rock That...ugh :DOH!

Dang hate to hear prices were that low. Guess I should have gone!

That is really scarey. How can people continue to raise & register miniatures for these prices?

I did not breed anything this yr. because I was afraid of this happening. I know the economy is

bad now & people are afraid of what is going to happen. Having a miniature horse is not a necessity I guess. But this is really bad. What is everyone going to do? Are you still going to reg. these horse & sell at these prices? Are you still breeding? Don't get me wrong it isn't the money, but I hate it for the little horses.

That is really scarey. How can people continue to raise & register miniatures for these prices?

I did not breed anything this yr. because I was afraid of this happening. I know the economy is

bad now & people are afraid of what is going to happen. Having a miniature horse is not a necessity I guess. But this is really bad. What is everyone going to do? Are you still going to reg. these horse & sell at these prices? Are you still breeding? Don't get me wrong it isn't the money, but I hate it for the little horses.

I could not agree with you more as it is very scarey. I am not breeding anymore thank goodness but what gets me is I can't understand people who want to continue to breed and sell when you see prices like these. I guess I feel like my time is worth more than the $200 or $300 to sell something. It takes a lot of your time to get the mare bred, see her thru her pregnancy foal her out and then get the foal to where you can sell it. I just have no desire to go thru all of that to sell them for next to nothing and then wonder about the home they are going to.

This is depressing. Did anyone get a list of the prices of all the lots and what they went for? How was the quality? This was LKF I mean if the prices were like this for them who have good quality horses what's it going to be for the rest like Greencastle. Does anyone know how High Hopes went?

Never mind just saw the other thread, did someone list the High Hopes auction?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back