Little Enstien

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the picture with the white boxer (which is also incorrect), he still has quite a roached back and he looks undershot in this picture too. With the St Bernard, he looks to have a head too big for his body. It is so sad that they are campaigning him as a perfectly proportioned Miniature. No wonder the large horse world does not take us seriously.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I first saw his pictures at birth I said both that he looked like he had a roached back and his head was too large. I was told then by someone that they had actually seen him and he was perfect. Even friends can be barn blind.

I did send an email to Oprah through her contacts. Not easy to find BTW

I didnt bash Einstein, I just said that it would have been nice to have good representatives of the miniature horse on the program.

Of course, I didnt get a response.

They are just saying he was the smallest born at 6 lbs.

I would like to see how he develops before making a final decision on dwarf or not.

We can always educate our buyers.

Do we really think a normal size mini would be in the news.

He is cute, no doubt. All baby animals are cute.

Obviously there are a number of health issues with him. Not only the ones that have been pointed out but he is walking down on his back pasterns. At five months of age, shouldnt he be walking more upright with more strength if he is normal?

IMHO I would much rather look at a wonderful representative of any breed of animal. It doesnt matter whether it is a miniature horse, border collie or Siamese cat.

The unfortunate part of this is that the mini horse is getting publicity, but is it really the kind of publicity we need. I know someone who is dead set against minis, bad mouths the breed every chance she gets, and tries to convince everyone that dwarfs are running rampant. She has nothing good to say, in spite of the fact her daughter has, and loves, minis. This just adds fuel to the fire she is trying to spread.

default_gaah.gif

I think he is *cute* but agree he seems to have some abnormalities. Which is very sad for him.

There is another miniature starting to make headlines after Einstein was on the Oprah show. The owner was also disappointed that Einstein was being called *perfect* because of the impact on the mini world. The owners name is Allison and she runs Triple H Miniature Horse Rescue. She has a mini filly named Bella, born at Mystic Rock Miniatures. She is very correct and tiny. Her Dam and Sire are both tiny and correct. You can find her on Face book as well.

I found the link to Bella for those of you interested...

myminibella.com

In the picture with the white boxer (which is also incorrect), he still has quite a roached back and he looks undershot in this picture too. With the St Bernard, he looks to have a head too big for his body. It is so sad that they are campaigning him as a perfectly proportioned Miniature. No wonder the large horse world does not take us seriously.
Exactly! I am glad someone else can see it also.

This is why I don't support the exploitation of Einstein. Yes Einstein is cute. But if they are going to showcase a mini in front of millions of viewers - they need to at least make it the ideal specimen of what a miniature is and IMO Einstein is not. I still question the roached back and rear legs as a sign of dwarfism because we all know that is NOT normal. So he is either a mini with just HORRIBLE conformation or he is a dwarf - either way I think it is misleading to the public as they will assume he is the "ideal" when he isn't and that is what everyone will want - which I don't think is a good thing for the breed. So I wonder what will come of Einstein if as he grows, his dwarf traits become more prominent or his conformation continues to worsen? Are they going to still parade him in front of the public? What will they say then? I personally think they jumped the gun on parading this little fellow around. The fact that his conformation has changed from the the first time he was in front of the camera - just confirms my fears that he most likely is a dwarf. (We all know there are many forms of dwarfism and Einstein isn't the first dwarf I have seen that looks like him either)

Last edited by a moderator:
I found the link to Bella for those of you interested...

myminibella.com

thanks for the link, but on her growth chart, looks like she was 15.50" at birth.

So I do not believe she will be the smallest.

Latest posts

Back