Little Annie Fund

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May I ask how much has been raised so far? I am sure more people will help donate or make bigger donations depending on where we're at. Way to go everyone who has pulled together to make this happen!!

Royal Crescent, on 13 June 2011 - 03:00 PM, said:

I think it is great that everyone is willing to lend a hand. I was a little surprised though as when we tried to do the same for Riverdance's Marbles, most said that everyone should bear their own expenses.

I'm sure there are members who really hope everything will be okay for Kay's filly, but feel as you described. Most of us know that having horses is an expensive luxury and when a person decides to breed horses, it can get even more expensive. I hope all will work out for Annie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ouch!!!! That appears to be a little insensitive to say on an open forum. As stated, Kay did not ask for help, so please don't dimiss the love her friends have for her. I hope that life never gives you any lemons, and that you can always have abundant bushels of cash laying around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ouch!!!! That appears to be a little insensitive to say on an open forum. As stated, Kay did not ask for help, so please don't dimiss the love her friends have for her. I hope that life never gives you any lemons, and that you can always have abundant bushels of cash laying around.
I'm not being insensitive, never said Kay asked for help, and I didn't shake a finger at those who want to spend their money to help. I "dismissed" nothing. If you want to read anything more into what I said, that's your option, but I said exactly what I meant to say -- nothing more and nothing less.

As to never having lemons and having bushels of cash -- oh please. You really wouldn't want to know the time, worried emotions, and money that Harvey and I have spent on horse medical issues this past season and in years past.

I think it is great that everyone is willing to lend a hand. I was a little surprised though as when we tried to do the same for Riverdance's Marbles, most said that everyone should bear their own expenses.

I'm sure there are members who really hope everything will be okay for Kay's filly, but feel as you described. Most of us know that having horses is an expensive luxury and when a person decides to breed horses, it can get even more expensive. I hope all will work out for Annie.

I agree, that was rude to post.

I agree, that was rude to post.
We need a *shrug* smilie
default_rolleyes.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i think that I am being misquoted here. The last part was someone else's post. You have to look at the whole of what I said, not just an excerpt. I said:

I would love to send some, but just got taken off work permanently because of disability and hubby lost his job 3 weeks later. I will keep her in my prayers. I think it is great that everyone is willing to lend a hand. I was a little surprised though as when we tried to do the same for Riverdance's Marbles, most said that everyone should bear their own expenses. Some seemed offended that we had tried to get her some help. That was 2 years ago and she is still trying to pay off the vet bill! I think it is a great idea to have a fund! Anyways, I wish her a speedy recovery. I would be beside myself if one of my minis was really sick and I faced a choice of whether to treat or not because of money!!

I truly am happy for Annie, and would like to see more helped.

Barb

Thanks to all of you wonderful people (and people on facebook and other forums) - Annies bill is paid in full and we hope to pick her up tomorrow or Thurs.

Like I said "thank you" just doesnt seem to be enough but I have no words that can expresses our gratitude for what was done.

I wholeheartedly believe there is a bigger picture here and some wonderful things will happen in the future because of it.

The Baxter Family

You know I've given 10-20 dollars at a time for people that are having problems, 30 a few weeks ago for the other thing on here. I've given about 350 dollars in total to others to help out. Now I see me in debt and that 350 could have got me a vet bill. I guess I'm sour because of pass situations.I'm pretty much done giving donations or offering help because it seems like they don't want it, or I'm still treated rudely.

I'm not talking about this thread but it did get me thinking.

I got that same email from paypal so must change the email address and do it again. Tired now though sick baby and marestare are clashing so finding it hard to keep eyes open.

Karina thank you so much but pls do not send anything her bill is paid.

Please call me if I can be of any help with your foal! 740-323-4341

Kay I am sure that there will still be a few bills to be paid and also she will be requiring some more medicine. Consider it a gift for Annie and Tease and buy them a nice treat with it - Tell them its from Aunty Karina in Ireland LOL

I do not think this thread is the proper place to discuss whether it is right, wrong, or whether one gave or did not give or if one thinks in the negative about the subject. Those who could and/or chose to give did it from their own personal decision. It is not a reflection on anyone. This is not to point fingers at anyone; I just think it is not the right place to discuss it and spoil any of the joy that was given and received from the donations. It is too bad we cannot all be helped or know what is coming in our lives-we must just take one step at a time like everyone else. Please don't respond to this as I only meant to say- it is not the place to discuss it.
default_unsure.png

I don't think it's a situation of "right or wrong", but I do think there are some hard feelings (not for me personally) because this exact type of thread was not allowed / against the rules in the case of a forum member mentioned here in this thread previously, and it was allowed this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back