Litter of Baby Bunnies

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Wolf Ranch

Reaction score
WE HAVE BABIES AT THE FARM
default_thumbup.gif

I am tickled to death with this litter! The buck was a purebred Holland Lop who is a blue otter in color and the doe was a purebred Jersey Wooly who is a broken black. She was bred on May 7th and kindled her first litter on June 7th - exactly 30 days! With this being her first litter, you always worry a bit but she did just great! She pulled a nestbox full of hair a week before and she kindled between 8 to 10AM while I was gone to class. When I came home I found FIVE little ones in the box, which is a great number for a first time mom, and I was tickled to death! I wish breeding horses was this easy and fast LOL.

I got a nice variety of colors out of this cross too and will be repeating this breeding in 4 weeks. Babies will be weaned at 6 weeks and two weeks later she will kindle her second litter, then she gets a nice break from breeding.

So the colors in this litter are 3 blue otters, 1 I believe is either a REW (red eyed white) or a BEW (blue eyed white) and 1 is either a broken black or a broken blue - in a week I will be able to tell which it is once the hair comes in better.

Without further delay, here is a picture of the little ones about 10 hours old
default_wub.png

litter_one_day1_06072012.jpg

awwww... congratulations. Can't wait to see updated pics. We had a Lop/wooly cross that was dark grey and a Jersey Wooly that was a gorgeous light grey. I loved those bunnies.

Congratulations! We're expecting our first litter in a few weeks. We have Satins. Hope we're as lucky as you with color!

Very sweet!!! We just came across a little nest of wild baby bunnies - eyes were still shut and man, were they cute!!!!!

Liz N.

Awwww....love rabbits. We used to raise Holland Lops. Adorable....

Well after looking at them this morning at 3 days old - I officially have 2 blue otters, 1 solid blue, 1 solid white and 1 broken BLUE! I thought she would be a broken black but she decided to do a color change on me and I am tickled to death! What variety with this litter!

I will be posting new pics of them weekly so you can watch as they grow!

Back