Litter of 10

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vickie gee

Reaction score
default_aktion033.gif
Our first litter of Anatolian Shepherd puppies are here!!! 6 girls and 4 boys. Yep, a litter of 10 born to Kylie and Gus (aka Valiant Elderado Kylieah and Utah' Elderado Bigshot Augustus) born 8 Nov (at least the first 7 anyhow). The boys are fawn colored with black mask like their mom and five of the girls are pinto colored like dad except for one fawn colored girl. Number five was breech but Kylie acted like a pro and ripped open the bag and snapped the cord as soon as it was born. My bed was a lawn chair out in the birthing kennel. This started at 6:20 p.m. and number 10 was born at 5:00 a.m. YAWN. Sadly another little pinto girl came way later around 1:00 p.m. stillborn. These are livestock guardian dogs and do a great job keeping the coyotes and foxes off our place and kill any possum, coon, armadillo, skunk, and any other varmits as well as alerting to birds of prey. Amazingly the minis all acted "reverent" this morning as they were coming past the kennel into the lot this morning. You could tell they knew we had a new "momma."

Yay! Congrats! I love Anatolians, they are a wonderful breed. I do not have one right now, but will again someday. Nice sized litter, hope Mom continues to do well.
default_smile.png

Congrats! Need to see pics!!!!

I am loosing both my boys....may need to replace them...........

Thank you all so much for the congrats! Ok, pictures will be forthcoming as you all have requested. The card in the camera is full!! I have not been successful at getting pictures loaded of our horses to this site. No doubt part is operator error and part is antiquated overloaded computer. But I need to git er done. Now that we have the puppies I am encouraged to get a website up and running to promote both minis and dogs. We know what we want as our farm name!
default_yes.gif
default_488.gif

default_biggrin.png
OMG. These little guys are getting stronger everyday. Tuesday stillborn (12) was born and I took mom and litter to the vet. At 2 days old the first male was coming out of the box I carried them in. Thank goodness #12 was the last and the first 10 are healthy! Kylie just tuckered out and could not deliver #11 and 12. She is on antibiotics due to the retained placenta. Today (Saturday) I had a garage sale and mom Kylie is back to telling folks to not get too close to her horses or goats!! At two weeks old we will administer an aptitude test to the entire litter to find out who rates best in guardian male/female and companion male /female and set their prices accordingly. All others will be at a set at the going price. This is fun! Next time around I plan on knowing everything there is to know and making sure that all get born alive. Poor poppa Gus is so henpecked he is not even allowed to view the nursery! On the other hand our little indoor guys (Japanese Chin, Chihuahua, and Shih-tzu are treated like visiting royalty). Kylie is totally dumbfounded that she has 10 sucking on the teat unless she just goes hogwild and leaves the nursery. I am spoiling her rotten by delivering yogurt and cottage cheese. Her last two weeks of pregnancy she was a total "b" to the horses. Now she is back to thinking she is their "keeper." We consulted an expert on the breed and he said she is just "smart" and knew horses were big enough to hurt her belly and she was protecting her family. I have a whole new respect and admiration for her. Now she lets me "babysit" while she makes her evening rounds of patroling the perimeter of the property. It just amazes me how God made every breed of animal unique. The anatolian shepherd is truly the nimrod of shepherds.
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back