List of Sale horses in Ocala

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I "heard" they dont plan on listing any of the horses consigned until at the sale
default_new_shocked.gif
. I certainly dont know for sure as i am not involved in the sale at all. To me that doesnt seem like a good idea. If Im going to a sale I want to get the horses reg. name and hopefully a picture ahead of time and then go online and see if its had any registered foals( in the case of a broodmare), its full pedigree, etc. Money is too hard to come by these days for me to want to go into a sale "blind" about the horses history. But who knows what will happen when I am actually there
default_rolleyes.gif
. Guess with foals it would not be as much of an issue as it is in breeding animals.

Hi,

Try this address, has no pictures but some info on sales horses.

www.allfloridaminisale.com/horsesbygender.html

Good luck! Want to hear about purchases!

Sorry, the above address has the right date listed at the top (Jan 3 09)

but its an old list from a previous sale.

Quess the sale horses will remain a mystery until Saturday!

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to the address you mentioned Cathy. It is for the last sale they had as it has two horses we purchased there listed. I e-mailed Marilyn two days ago asking for a list but have not gotten a response.
default_sad.png

Ruth

Hello I did get a reply from Marilyn which said they were not going to post a online list of the horses available, but there is some very nice horses in the sale. I like ya'll would like to see what is there before I was to make a trip from Texas.

Thanks Darwin

Last edited by a moderator:
I also had tried to get an online list of what will be in the sale. Robin C was going to to their website and she was not given the information (was told that they were not going to do the website). Maybe they have their reasons, but if I had horses consigned I would be upset. I understand that there will be 60-65 horses in the sale. I'll be there as I am delivering a horse to someone and will be picking one up.

Barbie

We will be there also, with the trailer. I thought that if I didn't bring the trailer for their last sale Ruth wouldn't buy horses, but that didn't work. Thankfully Jenn , from Harricane was nice enough to let me haul horses in hers. I guess I learned my lesson. LOL

Gary

I was told the same thing, when I inquired about an online catalog they said they weren't doing that, I said I guess I'm not driving 10hours then, and hope they have a good turn out and good prices. I do know someone going to hopefully buy a stallion and someone taking a mare, I wish them luck and everyone else going to buy or sell and safe travels to all.

Karen

We were told the same thing. We were planning on going to the sale also. But cannot see driving down not knowing what is in the sale. We hope they have a great turn out.

I went to meet and pick up a horse but came home with nothing else. All I can say is.....it was very depressing to see some of the finer horses going for such LOW prices. Definatley shows the economy's current situation that's for sure!

Yet they shot themselves in the foot by not even posting a catalog online. There were at least two people on this thread that gave up plans to go because of that.

Gary and I went and came home with round pen panels and a Rowdy granddaughter/Rambling Starbuck daughter. There were some very nice minis and gorgeous ponies and the prices were low. Although it always seems that whenever I say "I like that one" they become one of the high sellers of the sale. LOL
default_smile.png

Ruth

I got a beautiful Hackney mare in foal that I am absolutely in love with.
default_wub.png
I thought the prices were a little better than the previous auction last year, especially for colts, so that is encouraging IMO. Not where they should be, but moving upward!

I came home with a whole trailer full!!! :DOH! Luckily most were being brought home for other people. But for the 1st time in years I did buy a horse from the auction. Got a yearling aspc/amhr tovero sorrel filly. She went top 10 at 2008 Nationals and is very friendly. While still low prices were a little higher and the # of horses run through was about half of what was in the lasst few sales. So hopefully prices are on the upswing.
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif

I went w/trailer and came home with nothing except 3 hay feeders and a receipt for some panels. Was all set to bring home a few that I really liked but then the sensible side of my brain kicked in. Im just too darn busy this time of year to properly introduce and care for any new ones. I barely spend enough quality time with the ones I have. In June it really slows down for us so I have decided to do my shopping then!! I think there were a few good deals and a few great deals!! Especially the hackney ponies....I am very surprised as it seems like they gave them away. I need to learn more about the breed....I think I might want one !! Happy for all of you that purchased!!!

P.S. How'bout Gail getting on that little one...then bringing in her son to show that the horse is almost broke to ride....too cute!!

I felt that prices were pretty low - I did manage not to buy anything though. Have to say I have a new filly arriving here from Gail's tomorrow, so that kind of kept my hand down.

As usual Gail brings in some fun - that was her grandson, Christopher, on the horse. Christopher already has some World/National titles to his credit. He is quite the little horseman - following in the footsteps of his mom, Amanda and grandparents.

There were some nice horses that went through for little money - will be interesting to see what July's sale brings. Hopefully it will be advertised online!!

Barbie

Gary and I went and came home with round pen panels and a Rowdy granddaughter/Rambling Starbuck daughter. There were some very nice minis and gorgeous ponies and the prices were low. Although it always seems that whenever I say "I like that one" they become one of the high sellers of the sale. LOL
default_smile.png

Ruth
[SIZE=12pt]Just goes to show you have good taste
default_biggrin.png
[/SIZE]

Joy

Latest posts

Back