Linda Best Benefit Horse Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone tell me how long it would take me to get there from Cummington, Ma. Map Quest won't work for me tonight. I would like to at least come and watch if I can't get our minis there to show. I would only be doing the costume class, barrels, and pole anyways. Mine aren't trained for showing per say. If I can find someone to trailer them I might even bring Honey Pie (aka Trsket) a CMHR rescue I got in 2005.

Christy

Hi Cristy-

I think it would be a bit over 2 hours for you. We are just about straight south of you and it is around 2 hours for us. BUT - we might have a mini that you could show in poles, barrels, and costume, if you want to do that. We can't promise at this time, but we should firm up plans closer to the show. We don't plan to do those classes!

Mary

Hi Cristy-I think it would be a bit over 2 hours for you. We are just about straight south of you and it is around 2 hours for us. BUT - we might have a mini that you could show in poles, barrels, and costume, if you want to do that. We can't promise at this time, but we should firm up plans closer to the show. We don't plan to do those classes!

Mary
Mary,

That would be cool. My daughter Cassidy is the one who wants to do those classes. She shows her big horse and we do gymkannas also so she knows those classes. She'll be 9 in Septmeber. I figured it would be about 2 hours. Where do you live?

Christy

Wish I could go but I'm starting college august 30 and can't miss my classes =(

Wish I could go but I'm starting college august 30 and can't miss my classes =(

Liz and I are definitely going to this show, we wouldn't miss it for the world. Linda has always been a great friend to us and has one of the nicest family's we know or should I say the best family we know
default_wink.png
can't wait to see her and her family again and at the same time have a great time...... Hey Linda we are thinking about you!!!

Frank and Liz

Liz & Frank, I know it will mean so much to Linda to have you both attend. When Makayla & I visited with her this past Sunday she said “This benefit show is MY Nationals!” with tears running down her cheeks. She is just so overwhelmed with how supportive all her horse friends have been.

We made a lot of progress today for “Ribbons for Linda”. We received an email from Cindy of Northeast Miniature Horse Club. Melanie along with many youths at the CMHC show last weekend raised $370! Northeast is going to match these donations for a total of $740!

We made great strides today from a publicity standpoint for our benefit show. “The Journal” will be doing an article as well as “The Horsemen’s Yankee Pedlar”. The Exeter News-Letter is also doing an article. We have a lot more calls and emails out and will keep you posted if anything else gets printed.

As for prizes, so many people have donated. There will be some really great prizes to be won at the show. But could always use more, hint, hint!
default_wink.png

Matt is getting a PA system through his church which is very kind of them.

We have had an incredible response and huge amount of support. This show is about winning a battle against a horrible disease and showing the Best Family how much we love them!

Thanks everyone!

Sue

Hi All,

Just a reminder to start sending in those entry forms! We are trying to prevent potiental long lines at the secretaries booth on the day of the show. We also want to know how many people will be attending, because we want to make sure there is plenty of food.

I hope to see many of you there!

Makayla

Hi All!

Just wanted to make sure you know that all miniature horses are welcome! They can be registered or unregistered, 38" and under. Just make sure you have an up to date Coggins.

Entries can be mailed to Diana (see entry form for address) or you can fax them to her at (603) 358-0494.

As an added incentive, any exhibitor who gets their entries in on or before September 10th, their name will be added to a “Pre Entry Raffle”. The winner will receive a Digital Photograph Picture Frame! So get those entries in!!!!

Below is the class list, entry form, directions and a benefit show flyer. If you could print out the flyer and distribute it to any place you feel fit in MA, NH or ME whether it be a grain store, tack store, veterinary office etc it would be greatly appreciated!

http://maineseacoastminiatures.com/images/...lasslist_1_.doc

http://maineseacoastminiatures.com/images/...orm_1_.doc2.doc

http://maineseacoastminiatures.com/images/...erGait_Farm.doc

http://maineseacoastminiatures.com/images/..._Show_Flyer.doc

Thanks!

Makayla

Hi All,

My mom and I went over to River Gait Farm on Saturday where the benefit show is being held. Sue, the owner, wanted me to remind everyone that she has approximately fifteen 10 x 12 stalls availabe for rent at $25 a day. You are welcome to come a day early or stay until the day after. Please bring your own shavings and clean your stall before you leave. If you are interested in renting a stall please send me email at [email protected].

While at the show if you happen to get a free moment you should check out the view off the back of the property. The back pasture overlooks the Merrimack River and is absolutely gorgeous.

This is the 60' x 160' indoor arena. The stalls available are along both sides of the arena.

DSCN1415.jpg

These are the views off the back of the property.

DSCN1405.jpg

DSCN1399.jpg

Please do not forget to get your entries in by [SIZE=10pt]September 10th [/SIZE]so you can be entered in our Pre-Entry Raffle!

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Makayla

Hey Everyone!

We need your help. This thread is no longer pinned. Can please help to keep it bumped up? The information on this thread is really important.

Thanks so much!

Sue

I know this is a bit off topic, but I wonder who is going to the Colonial Show this Sunday (Aug 31)? I just decided to go and will use it as "tune up" for the Sept 13 Benefit show. I might be on my own unless I can find someone to come with me. I plan to bring Ruby, who has only been to one show 2 years ago, and Princess too. I hope to drive them both. Gary wants to drive Ruby at the Benefit Show and she has never been driven in the ring before.

So, who else is going Sunday???

Mary

Hi

This sounds like a great fun show! Who did you get for a judge? If I can borrow my neighbors trailer we will definitely try it out! We are long time horse owners but new to Mini's!!
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back