Lilli´s first pregnancy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ida Huolman

Reaction score
firs, what time of pregnancy do you feel cleraly foal kicking? I know, with some mares, sometimes there is no clearly movements to feel or see.. My mare, Lilli, is now first time pregnant, but even though she is waiting from my own stallion, i dot know how far she is now! about 200 days, at least, i think, because foal really kicks in there. maybe more? And yes, she is been with stallion like.. like almost all the time.
There is picture of them, old pictures, so not "now looking like this". Spring pictures, and now here in finland its beginning of the winter.
Mare, Lilli, is the perlino one, stallion, Luumu, is bay tobiano.

Attachments

• ll.jpg
    ll.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 17
Hi Ida, Welcome to the forum.

Generally around 7 months, but this is not the case with all mares. If a mare is a Maiden mare, she can be carrying much higher up in the rib cage , so movement is less visible.

Cheers Ryan

On my mares if I wrap my hands around belly, so hands meet in front of milk bar, I can feel slight bumps and kicks.
I check out two mares due beginning to mid April today. Felt bumps on one, couldn't feel anything on the other. Both are definitely pregnant.

They are separated at nights for now, out they are still together, going to separate them with fence out too when foaling is a bit closer. I think we have still atleast 3 months to go.

I love the video! This is a first for me, as I'm only ten years in with mini's, and mine is a gelding. How I would love to cuddle a mini foal! Good luck to you, and Elizabeth. Please post a video when they arrive. In hindsight I wish I had started with a colt so I could have experienced the joy of all the stages, and changes in his horsey life. Good luck!

Everything going good here. Lilli's belly is big, at mornings (after night in stable) there is just liiiitle bit udder swelling, not mutch.

Attachments

• 20200126_090807.jpg
    20200126_090807.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 19
She looks great , that is one lopsided Pregnant belly :)

Keep an eye on her udder, you will notice first thing in the morning after resting all night, her udder will be bigger. As she is moving around her udder will go down. When you notice it staying the same all the time, you know you are getting closer.

When is she due ?

So, here we go. Camera is ready.
Her udder has grown steady, not lot like smaller on evenin-bigger morning. Very steady, bigger-bigger-bigger, grown on daytimes too. Still days to go, i think, but she is maiden so..

Attachments

• 20200306_210319.jpg
    20200306_210319.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 11
  • 20200306_210003.jpg
    20200306_210003.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Back