Lil Rodney needs prayers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shortpig

Reaction score
Rodney is heading for the vet today. He is very sick. My suspicions are he is impacted from bread. Please no I don't feed my dogs bread. There is a guy that goes by and throws bread in my yard to my dogs. I have fought with this person nose to nose. I have had the police confront this person and tell him to stay away from my dogs. Mineral oil hasn't worked at all so now to the vet to solve this issue. This person had better hope they can't prove this is bread. Angry won't even cover it. My first call will be to the police where it should be documented that he has been doing this. Then I will haul him into court and sue his butt. He is basically a homeless person with issues. I plan to request a restraining order to keep him away from my property. Believe me that will hurt him because he wonders all over this town with no consideration for property owners.

I have always said don't mess with my kid, my job and my animals. These three things will cause me to go

over the top. Thank God he can't get close to my horses. But I can't keep my dogs close enough in to keep him away I live on a corner. I have three different dog areas divided off and all are available to a road.

My daughter will take him in today because I was off work all last week and can't ask for more time this week. I won't be at the vet but they can call me and that will be fine.

What would you guys do to solve this problem.

I had no idea bread could do that to a dog! I hope everything will be okay with your boy!!!

Prayers for your little friend.

I had a Bichon who was the love of my life had her for 14 years. I love Bichons.

I am sending prayers your way and please let us know the outcome.

Hugs

Bonnie

Will keep your little dog in my thoughts and prayers.

For his safety, if this is what caused his illness or if this is what you believe caused it, I would go out with him on a leash and not let him out without me.

We are back from the Vet for tonight. As it turns out he has some kind of Liver issue. The belly bloat is all fluid. They are doing the blood work up on him and I will have the results tomorrow morning. We are going to snuggle tonight and hope for the best come tomorrow. I am heart broken. I had a long discussion with the Vet and what the findings will tell us and what treatments are available. She is a good vet so she was very open and honest on what options are truly available depending on what it is. I can only hope it is a form of hepatitis and not the other things she mentioned. Thank you and please contiue to keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

I'm so sorry.
default_sad.png
I'll be hoping for the best for your little one.

Oh no. I hope (and pray) it turns out to be easily treatable, and that your sweet friend can live a long happy life still.

Like Jill... I had no clue bread could do that, though. Yikes!

Lots of things can cause impactions. Rawhides are awful for it. I imagine bread would be more likely to become impacted in the esophagus.

As far as the homeless man feeding your dogs, I would still get a restraining order to keep him away from you and your property. I would also not let my dogs out unsupervised.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh dear.
default_no.gif

I can certainly understand how anxious you must be for a good outcome.

If anything happened to my wee bichon, I don't know what I'd do.

Kubbie and I are hoping for the best for Rodney.

Marie, I've been gone all day and just now read this -- I know how much you love Rodney and how worried you are. Please call me when you can and let me know how he's doing, and tell that little nephew of mine to get well soon!

Praying he will be okay. I know how it is to love a little dog so much it hurts!!!

Rodney and I spent the evening together and had a talk. He will be heading back to the vet today to begin

his treatment agressively. The vet let me bring him home last night so we could have the night together not knowing what the outcome will be. He needed to come and spend the evening with his best bud Freddie also.

Final decisions at this point will be made as soon as I get results of the blood tests. When he goes back today they will start IV Antibiotic treatment hoping to stop the progression of what ever this is. She did explain to me that considering the amount of fluid buildup he has she suspects this has been going on for sometime because liver type illnesses are usually slow acting and unnoticeable until they reach a certain point. We are all very upset about this. It was a very emotional night at the vets and here at home. I will really miss him while he is at the vets. I have to work, I have no choice in that as I had last week off but the vet is relatively close and so when I get off work I can head down there to see him and let him know he hasn't been forgotten. He will be there for a few days so it will be kind of lonely here without him. Freddie seems to understand something is very wrong and will be lost without his good bud Rodney. Here is a pic of the two of them setting on their big bed prior to their larger brother Diego eating it.

FreddyandRodney.jpg

Freddie in front and Rodney in the back and here is a pic of just Rodney all fluffed and puffed this last winter

Rodneypuffed001.jpg

He is a super sweet little guy and gets along with everyone.

My heart is with you. It is hard not to be choked up reading your post and I am praying for the best.

Prayers for Rodney - hope there is a treatment plan which will help him.

Barbie

Latest posts

Back