Light Hearted Topic. Give me your opinion

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

River Wood

Reaction score
Give me your honest opinion.........

Am I a moron? (no don't answer that one. just comment on the next statement.
default_laugh.png

Would you really think that if you put a hard boiled egg (shell off) in the microwave to warm it up that it would explode when you bit into it? :DOH!

Things happening to me like this is sooooo typical.

I like hard boiled eggs
default_eat.gif
that are a bit warmed up. I put it in the microwave and warm it up for a few seconds.

I take it out and lean up against the counter to eat it...
default_eat.gif
take a bite out of it and it LITERALLY exploded in my face. I had yoke all over my head.. smeared on my glasses, it was down my cheek, down my shirt and when I turned around it had hit the window behind me!!! My husband walks in the room and of course all he could do was
default_new_rofl.gif
default_risa_suelos.gif

Should I have known that would happen????

I'm probably really making myself look stupid here
default_frusty.gif
oh well
default_laugh.png

Last edited by a moderator:
default_new_rofl.gif
default_poke.gif
That is FUNNY! (Sorry)

Yes, that is a major rule regarding microwaves, I think.
default_yes.gif
You need to poke at least a pin hole (or two) in the shell.

As a 39yo woman who has recently called her mom to ask "how long does it take if you want to hard boil some eggs?", I have no room to laugh!!!

default_laugh.png
Just a clarification..I had already taken the shell off before it went into the microwave

Now I'm laughing... I bet you think I didn't know I have to put them in a pot on the stove to initially hard boil them!!!
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png
default_smile.png
I knew that part, just not how long they got to stay in the boiling water ("hey, Mom, how long does it take...")

I am soooo not a gifted cook
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png

I've got this recipe for a jello salad that I've tried a quite a few times over the past 20 years and I cannot ever get it to gel. It's pretty bad with JELLO is too difficult a dish!!!

It's a good thing you didn't get seriously burned with your twice heated egg!!!

Jill here is the answer to that question.

You do NOT boil them long enough that all the water evaporates and you are upstairs on the computer and hear a explosion down in your kitchen, run down only to find all the eggs you were boiling are now blown up all over the kitchen walls and ceiling.
default_laugh.png

Ok yes I am embarassed to say I am speaking from experience and even more embarassed to say it has happened to me on more then one occasion!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_biggrin.png

Now I'm laughing... I bet you think I didn't know I have to put them in a pot on the stove to initially hard boil them!!!
default_smile.png
default_smile.png
default_smile.png
I knew that part, just not how long they got to stay in the boiling water ("hey, Mom, how long does it take...")
I am soooo not a gifted cook
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png

I've got this recipe for a jello salad that I've tried a quite a few times over the past 20 years and I cannot ever get it to gel. It's pretty bad with JELLO is too difficult a dish!!!

It's a good thing you didn't get seriously burned with your twice heated egg!!!

Na I figured you could get it in the pot.
default_biggrin.png

Not a gifted cook here either. The first time that I cooked a roast years ago (suprise meal for hubbys b-day) I figured that that if it roasted for so many hours at 250 or what ever it was.....that I could get it done faster if I put it in at about 500. Seriously. I took it out of the stove and it was black. Hubby was sweet about it...(he is a good cook) but I think deep down he was
default_risa_suelos.gif
at me. He was nice and even gnawed on part of it.
default_unsure.png

Well THANK YOU!!!! I did not know that!
default_new_shocked.gif
Seems if you poke holes in a potatoe you'd do the same with an egg...but frankly I'd've never thought of that!!!
default_wacko.png
Of course I don't do eggs...don't like them...so I'd not have a reason to reheat them...unless I was doing something for someone else.

Years ago when hubby and I were engaged to be married, I made some popcorn....easy right? I had not made popcorn with oil in a pot in ages. Sooo.....got a bit liberal with the oil. The popcorn popped, but when it was all done it was swimming in oil
default_unsure.png
. Hubby was such a good sport he ate it with a spoon.....he wanted to impress me I guess and not hurt my feelings.....But man!
default_smileypuke.gif

Well, I'll be dipped.... I did not know that either... !!

Better you than me, that kind of stuff usually happens to me.. and usually with at least one other person there to be able to laugh when it happens and then of course, to tell everyone else you know, so they can laugh too. (It's tough being a blonde sometimes)

But yes, glad you were not burned!! I would never dream it would explode, that is pretty bizarre. I can see the whole potato thing because they still have the skin, and are a different texture... ?

But I gotta agree... as Larry the Cable Guy says- I dont care who you are, that's pretty funny right there!!

I am glad you werent hurt in this egg escipade!! Microwaves can be dangerous.

But I have to admit, it is a funny story : ) sorry it happened to you though!!

Latest posts

Back