Lifted tail?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carly Rae

Reaction score
Hi.

I am just a bit curious about the way Kevin holds his tail.

When he is out eating he will hold his tail up so it isnt touching his bum, its not lifted crazy high. If i walk up to him he will put it back down.

I am just concerned if it is a sign of pain. I can touch his tail and everything. I just found it odd as none of the others do it unless they are releasing gas or something.

Could it just be comfortable for him? Its been pretty hot. I do know he has done it for as long as i remember.

Any suggestion? Thanks in advance
default_smile.png

probably just a personality quirk of his. They each have their own little quirks, some quite noticeable, some not.

I wouldn't be too concerned, most likely just his way. Most horses lift the tail a bit as they move, a little at a walk, more at a trot and more yet when they run. I think it likely that as he grazes he is prepared for movement even if that is a slow step at a time.

I think some just carry their tail a little higher than others. My mini keeps his tight to his heiny but my welsh pony's tail is always up a bit. Some breeds use their tails more flamboyantly too, like Arabians.

Back