LIFE'S TIDBITS!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pics Ashley! But I'm no good at trying to figure out what is what on those
default_biggrin.png

If you're thinking of getting those "instant eye lift" miracles on the TV commercials, save your money!

Just take sissors and cut a piece of scotch tape into a crescent shape and................

Inteant eye lift! Just like the ones they're selling!
default_rolleyes.gif

I can picture someone being bored and putting tape on their eyelids and saying, Hey neat! And now ladies are paying money for that invention LOL!

If it looks like a hamburger like above its a girl. If it looks like a turtle its a boy.

Nope its a girl. If you look at it there are 3 little white spots which make the bun and the hamburger. If it was a boy the only white spot you would see is the large one in the middle.

Congrats on your baby GIRL Ashley!
default_aktion033.gif

I wanted to add one. Yesterday I checked the mares & knew it was safe to leave for an hour. Hubby took me to the lake down the street to swim. I was out and it was very deep & I was getting buzzed by dragonflies! I felt like King Kong being buzzed by those bi-planes LOL!

I held my hand up out of the water very still and soon one landed on my finger! It was inches from my face! It was the coolest thing! Then it took off and I felt him land on my forehead-hair line. Back to my finger. Back & forth 4 times.

Not much of a tid bit to some I guess, but it was thrilling to me!
default_yes.gif

Reo, those moments of complete contentment and being privileged to share the earth with its other creatures are the tidbits that really count. I'm glad you shared, I was mentally transported to that lake and your moment. Thanks.
default_smile.png

My Day Lillies are blooming. They make me smile!

My favorite mare is feeling better after a bout of colic... we had a horrible storm and I think thats what started it.

Robin

The smell of freshly cut hay is one of my most favorite scents in the world, and the contented feeling I get when the hay barn is filling up with wonderful, fragrant hay is one of the best feelings in the world to me. Both happened this week, love it!
default_smile.png

Nice!

My friend & Sis Theresa (rockin r) came to see me yesterday, after not seeing her for about 6 months. Because of the "alien" she's so thin a breeze might knock her over, but she looked good! And I'm glad she's still with us! Karrel & I invited them over for the 4th of July, a weenie roast and goodies.

default_smile.png

Loved the dragonfly story and everyone's special moments!

It's been a tough few weeks here (one elderly family member tried to commit suicide, three days later my grandma died while I was visiting her alone, then my boyfriend's grandma went on hospice, a friend got in a bad car accident with her trailer then nearly lost her sister, another friend lost a foal...
default_wacko.png
All in seven days!) but there are certainly moments that make you smile.

I had a call at work the other evening, an employee trying to call out sick. He kept insisting he was calling out for "10 o'clock this morning" and when I'd try to clarify if it was 10AM the next morning or 10PM tonight (it was 8PM when he called) he would repeat over and over that it was for 10 o'clock this morning. I finally explained that it was 8PM and we only do sick calls prior to shifts so I could mark him absent for the next day or he needed to call his supervisor if he'd missed a shift this morning as there was nothing I could do. As if speaking to someone with special needs, he carefully explained to me that it was 8AM and he was calling out for a shift in two hours at 10AM- in the morning. Restraining the urge to use the same tone, I carefully explained that the sun was currently setting, not rising, and that as I'd been at work since 2:30 in the afternoon I was fairly sure it was in fact 8PM. There was silence...a small "Oh"...then he hung up.
default_new_rofl.gif
default_rolleyes.gif

We've had some family visiting since I got back home from Grandma's, a cousin who's up here for some specialized cancer treatments, and I got to spend time with her adorable 2 year old daughter for the first time. Seeing her expression of fascination as she fed the minis carrots was priceless.
default_wub.png

Between the weather and all the family stuff I've been depressed and haven't gotten out with the boys much. When I let them out yesterday they were WIRED
default_new_shocked.gif
and got to racing laps up and down our fenced side driveway as fast as they could go. Kody would drop to roll, get maybe halfway into it then levitate straight up into the air and kick out violently and take off running again. He and Turbo looked like frogs on a hot stove!
default_new_rofl.gif
Run run run BUCK!!! Buck, buck, buck, half-roll, take off running. ZOOOOOM. Screetch!! Synchronized sliding halt, rollback, buck and take off running again, bellies to the ground and tails flagged. I was laughing so hard I was doubled over, letting it peal out until it echoed off the barn. What an infectiously joyful moment.
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Leia

OMG Leia! I'm so sorry about your grandma! And for all the other sorrows you've been through lately. {{{hugs}}}

There's nothing like minis to pump your soul full of joy when it's needed most!
default_wub.png

A tid bit is a little life happening, doesn't have to be happy. Could be anything to share!

I've tried in the past to get close to those dragonflies before. They take off and won't let you near! That's why it was so cool to have some lighting on my head & hand! Kinda magical! They had blue wings & black bodies.

Barn kittens playing with anything they come across, a couple of good cups of coffee in the morning, new hay put up in the barn. Watching the baby deers, my snoring Boston Terrior, show horses that are coming together right when they need too!

I grew up way out in the country and then moved to Wisconsin and the country with my husband. That was 40 years ago, when we bought a VERY old, run down farmhouse and 41 acres. Seven years after that we sold the house with one acre and built a new home way up on the hill in the woods on the remaining 40 acres.

Since that time, we've bought more of the surrounding land and my son and his family bought the property next to ours, so between us we have about 200 acres and we had about six miles of riding trails bulldozed through it, going up and down the hills and around the beds and by the creek and our pond.

Every day that I get out on my four wheeler or on my horse is a treasure to me. The beauty of the area we live in just blows me away. The glaciers never got to this part of the state, so the land was never flattened. But the best part of having all this land is that my son and his wife also have a deep love and respect for it and they are instilling it in their two children.

Every evening since early March, just before the sun sets, I've been driving my Kawasaki Mule to my son's and picking up the 3 year old and 8 year old grandkids and taking them for a "night ride." We go maybe three or four slow miles, into the deep woods onto the trails, and we sing. All kinds of silly songs, and we sing loud! Each week I teach the kids a new song. This week it's "Davy Crocket." And for the last few weeks the lightning bugs have been so thick that sometimes I turn off the headlights and we slowly move through a cloud of them.

In the winter we've come upon raccoons and deer and even a coyote and a few red foxes. The kids look forward to these rides as much as I do. My three year old grandson will see me in the afternoon and say, "You coming back for Night Ride?" And when we pull out of his driveway, we ride between my son's corn field and our corn field, and that boy always has to compare to see whose corn is taller. And if we find a stalk of corn on my property that's taller, he says, "I'm going to snitch it!"

weebiscuit said:
And for the last few weeks the lightning bugs have been so thick that sometimes I turn off the headlights and we slowly move through a cloud of them.
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

I've sure treasured the few summers I've gone back East. We don't have the heat or humidity here, but we also don't have the lightning bugs!

Leia

Latest posts

Back