Life really sucks

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_no.gif
Oh my gosh...that is soooo awful. I am soooo very sorry for your huge losses. My heart really goes out to you. (((((HUGS))))) Wishing you the very best of luck for your remaining mares to foal.

Gee thanks guys l'm really going to miss my mares something awful and also there foals though l never knew them it was an awful and trying time for me and the vet. But the good news is we had 2 Boogerman grandsons overnight both moms and babies are healthy and doing fine. l was there the whole time and sweating like a pig waiting for things to not be right.. so a major relief not to need a vet to pull dead foals. l've been out most of the day sitting on my bucket watching another 3 mares passing tons of cow patties and leaking milk down there legs so am very hopeful soon for them maybe tonite..the sooner the better for me my nerves are still kind of raw and on edge
default_saludando.gif

But the good news is we had 2 Boogerman grandsons overnight both moms and babies are healthy and doing fine.
Congratulations on your colts! I'm glad to read you have some happy news and hope your next mares foal soon and smoothly, too. Looking forward to pictures of the new additions!

Last edited by a moderator:
My heart is going out to you for your horrific losses......
default_no.gif
I'm so very sad for you.

I have delivered foals for many friends and never lost one. Then I was watching a mare for a friend and the mare aborted. That was harder on me than it was on the mare. She never saw the foal. I scooped him up and removed him before the mare ever got up. I did this in hopes that she would not morn her foal and do fine with her next foal. I do not know if the mare has been rebred. I am not sure how I would react to loosing not one but 2 foals and mares. I am so sorry for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
So glad to hear that two of your mares have successfully foaled for you - I can well understand how you felt as they showed the first signs of going into labour, and the relief you also felt as two healthy little boys entered this world.

Praying the rest of your girls do the same for you - good luck!

Anna

Still, very sorry for the losses, but I'm glad that the next two mares foaled out fast and easy. Hopefully all the rest of your mares have their little ones just as quickly and easily.

I am so very sorry for your loss...that is such as unbearable feeling that I remember so well. I also lost two mares and foals back to back (within two weeks of each other) in 2001. I seriously thought about quitting (breeding minis) and cried for weeks off and on about it. I also suffered severe anxiety at the next several births that I attended, even though they were textbook. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Please don't blame yourself.

So very sorry for the losses.......I am glad you have two healthy foals running around now, and I pray the rest will do fine.

It is not an easy thing to breed.....I have lost foals before but last year was the first time I lost a momma....they vet worked on her for along time, resulting in a c-section which she never recovered from...I felt like I could not breathe when I lost her......just really took a punch to the heart. I am marestaring on two right now and praying all goes well, 1 is maiden......makes you wonder sometimes why you put yourself through the stress and worry, but it sure helps when you do have the healthy uneventful foalings to remind you of why you do it afterall. It seems there are good years and bad years, I have found that not only with me but with the farmers with calving, etc. Guess it is part of life and part of raising animals.....we just have a hard time when we try to do everything right, and sometimes despite all our efforts, it still goes wrong.

Latest posts

Back