Liberty

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katie.C

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Sorry I know this topic has been done to death.!

I'm thinking I've bitten off more than I can chew so to speak and entered myself and my colt into liberty for our first ever go at it at Nationals.!

I've spent hours after hours looking for a song but cannot find anything, there's a few songs I like in the top 40 but don't want to use that in fear someone will have the same song.

What do you guys do in order to chose your songs for Liberty.? Any help/tips will be very appreciated.

OMGosh - horses love strong beats and good melodies. I wouldn't worry about someone else having the same song - do what YOU want to do - what your horse likes to move to. Let them worry about you!

Thanks guys, attached a photo of my little man.

He's such a sweetie, so relaxed. Can be a little cheeky but not colty at all behaves better then one of my geldings

image.jpg

Nice colt! I've used Michael Jackson-good strong beats. Try looking for and listening to some of the new age music. I often go to the library or use the inter-library loan system to check out music. Also, you can get on Amazon and listen to a lot of samples of the songs on CD's on your computer! There are so many different styles of music out there, old and new, that it IS possible to have something no one else has used.

When I pick a song, I close my eyes and picture the beat of my horse at a good strong trot- and imagine does it match the beat of the song? A few I thought were peppy enough actually werent when I really counted out the beat of the music. Dont worry if someone has the same song- I have rarely seen that- you would be surprized at the variety of music! Something fun that the audience will get into also! Some of the oldies make good liberty songs too. Have fun! That class is one of my absolute favorites and is so much fun. The horses really get to show off their style!

I think "She Wolf" By David Guetta feat. Sia is a cool song to have a horse run to. Or Titanium by the same artist as well (I liked She wolf better though, and I can see a horse running to that ;))

We have gone with some older songs. J Giles Band Centerfold, Gloria Estephan Conga, I also like some of Harry Belafontes like Jump in the Line. I use music to walk by for exercise so get opportunity to listen to different music which I use to vary my pace so found some contenders doing that.

Personally, I like it... the beat is something I can picture as a liberty song.

Latest posts

Back