Lewella

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rock "E" is sabino + splash - no lethal white. Several of his get have been crossed to J-J's Painted Apache descendants though and some of the resulting foals are LW positive.

The names to watch for in Shetland pedigrees for Lethal White are:

J-J's Painted Apache,

anything Van-Lo

anything from Charlie Jennings and/or Mike Jennings - CJ, Lazy "J"/Lazy J's/Lazy J, MJ's (best known being C.J.'s Painted Apache)

What about JJ's painted bratty? Is that from that line? wondering if i should have my boy checked before i breed him to anything spotted..Lol I'm assuming he's probably splash since he has the white face and blue eyes........

Thanks Lewella for the information! It's appreciated.
default_laugh.png

Rock "E" is sabino + splash - no lethal white.

Lewella ,

Can I ask how you know what Rock E is when He has Never been Tested ??? Just curious as I guess I have owned and shown just about as many of the Rock E off spring as anyone.. and I know he has NOT been tested..
default_wink.png

Lewella ,

Can I ask how you know what Rock E is when He has Never been Tested ??? Just curious as I guess I have owned and shown just about as many of the Rock E off spring as anyone.. and I know he has NOT been tested..
default_wink.png
Anyone with a little simple knowledge of genetics, pattern expression, and progeny reports can determine for the most part without testing what lines are Frame and which are not in Shetlands. Rock "E" has a list a mile long of get - not a single one is Frame and dozens and dozens have had photos in the Journal or on websites that anyone can look at. Plus wiith the amount of in-breeding that is been done with this line lethal whites would be happening left and right if Rock "E" were lethal white positive. They aren't.

Simple fact - Frame is not native to the Shetland breed (nor Hackney or Welsh). Frame is a UNIQUELY AMERICAN MUTATION and it is believed by geneticists that ALL Frame overos are descended from the same single animal who had the original mutation. It does not occur in breeds of straight Eupean, African or Asian descent - just in breeds originating in North and South America. Read into that what you will.....

Lewella ,

default_wink.png
Anyone with a little simple knowledge of genetics, pattern expression, and progeny reports can determine for the most part without testing what lines are Frame and which are not in Shetlands. Rock "E" has a list a mile long of get - not a single one is Frame and dozens and dozens have had photos in the Journal or on websites that anyone can look at. Plus wiith the amount of in-breeding that is been done with this line lethal whites would be happening left and right if Rock "E" were lethal white positive. They aren't.

[SIZE=36pt]LOL LOL
default_new_shocked.gif
I guess I have never been Simple !! [/SIZE]

Don't feel bad, B...

This color stuff baffles me. I sailed through 4 years of college then got my masters and the number of grades I got that were not As totals 4. Still color stuff still escapes. I don't ever get this stuff ... no matter how hard I try.

AHR

Latest posts

Back