Lets see

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jess P

Reaction score
I think it would be interesting to see your favorite place at home or elsewhere to get pictures taken of your horse.

Here is mine. It is next to the foal paddock and belongs to three fruit trees.

Img_0401.jpg

Very nice!

I try to get "green" in the background, but sometimes I get the house next door or their car or a pile of dirt. Taking pictures of horses is tough and sometimes the best pic of the horse has the worst background!

In one of our pastures we have a pond with a nice grassy area in front of it where we recently had photos taken. When the light was just right you could see the reflection of the trees and other greenery in the water.............

Bo347right.jpg

I think this should be bumped up
wub.gif

Heres mine:

Fall:

Midnightstricks015.jpg

Summer:

Midnightstricks013.jpg

I have more, but they arn't on my computer

edited to add, This is the same place. Angle of camera was off in second picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
mousesunsetr.jpg

The beach!

smile.gif

I am lucky we live so close. I so badly want to get Liz McMillan to do a photo shoot there someday really soon. I can't imagine how beautiful the photos could be....

Here are some more of mine taken at the beach:

lcrock.jpg

inctpool2.jpg

inctpool3.jpg

larkbeach.jpg

Hardly a bad picture to be taken w/such beautiful surroundings, though on very overcast days, the light leaves much to be desired.

Liz M.

Hi,

one of my favorite places to take pictures is this brook nearby. It adds something very special to the pictures in my opinion, even though it is not easy to catch the light right and have the horse stand still and not too deep in the water as to not make them look short legged
wacko.gif
... anyways, here's my Bond AToy4U C-daughter Bonnie on one of the brook-photoshootings
biggrin.gif

Bonnie.jpg

Then, I also love to have flowers in the background. It also adds some difficulty to the photoshootings though, because my horses seem to love the flowers more for the taste than for the looks
wink.gif
Here's one of the "flowery" ladies ... Krystal with my daughter:

Krystal.jpg

I think I have hundreds more of these flower shoots ...
yes.gif

saludando.gif
Conny

We take them mostly on the lawn, and I like it best with just sky in the background, so provided the light is right to shoot that way, we will.

gypsynew.jpg

But, if they're a light coloured horse, they tend to disappear a little, so they go against the hedge.

deuce.jpg

(obviously this one would be better without his head over the edge of the hedge, but we're amateurs after all!)

We try not to have anything cluttered in the background to draw away from the horse, yet sometimes the light and angle is right, so it happens! Obviously, it would be better if Bobbi didn't have a tree growing out of her back.

bobbinew.jpg

Sometimes we're lucky and we can get the mountains if we go on the corner of the lawn. I need to start prowling the pastures and find a good photo taking spot, because you can always see the mountains out behind the buildings.

elvezmtns.jpg

These are all taken by my 16 year old brother, I just hold the horse and boss him around ... as any good big sister does!

Nootka do you let then loose at the beach? What a great place! Have they ever run off? I see some on lead but some look like they're off lead. I would lOVE that! Maxine

We have a friend who is a great photgrapher so she takes ours, mostly in the forest or on the beach and even sometimes on farmland.

Minx, yes, sometimes we let them run.

A couple times we do so w/foals as they are bonded w/moms, also we have access to one beach that is completely enclosed/surrounded by cliffs and a natural driftwood "fence" so they can't go anywhere.
smile.gif

Haven't had any run off, yet.

A couple of the beaches we go to allow cars on them, so we are careful about that and the timing to avoid cars.

The speed limit is only 25 mph on the beach, and usually people stop to look at the little ones, anyway.

Liz

Liz,

I LOVE the shot of the foal playing in the surf.
wub.gif
wub.gif

Robin

Man I live right by Lake MI but the areas I am at dont allow animals anymore... What a bummer. I would have been in heaven. There is a place that allows dogs but I would worry about bringing a little guy there if they were not carefully leashed. I cant wait to photograph my new little horse. when I get one...
sad.gif
I LOVE photography. I will try and post some but I am currently on a Mac and they dont like to post photos very well. *sigh*

6b594173.jpg

I dont think it worked. I may have to wait.
frusty.gif

sweet it worked. Well then... I try to work with what I have. I too like a lot of organic stuff in the background. It is a lot of fun to photograph horses especially when the co operate. I use an older somewhat finicky camera so I am really excited when it turns out! I love messing with Depth of field and eyes are kind of my thing too. I need to get back out there and do some more work with it I think. It has been too long. Nothing like a good action shot. I turn em out in the pasture and let em fly. I have a filly who loves to play and I got some fun shots of her. I love art.
yes.gif
and horses are poetry in motion....

e0f60c0c.jpg

4341b21a.jpg

faed8006.jpg

tasai.jpg

wow I really hope that more people post their horse photography. I love it. I really want to get out and photograph again after seeing all of the pictures.

Latest posts

Back