Quantcast

Let's see your stallions/mares with "look-alike" offspring

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

Bluewater Minis

Reaction score
After Cross Country Sharp Dressed Man (aka Topper) had his first colt for us this year, I started wondering how many of you had stallions or mares that really stamp their offspring with their look, whether through markings, conformation, movement, coloring, etc. So let's see them!

Here's Topper:

And here's his 2008 colt Bluewaters Secret Agent Man (aka Bond). Bond's neck markings are on the opposite side of his sire, as is his little "scribble" of white running up from his LF stocking (although his sire's scribble isn't quite as long, and is not shown in the photos above). Same star and snip as his sire. Bond has a little more white than his sire, but we think he's pretty close. Bond has a prettier head and is lighter in bone than his sire.

So, anyone else out there with near look-alike offspring? Let's see pics!

CheyAut

Reaction score
Colt couldn't be black as the sire is H/Z agouti, but markings are very similar to dam! At least on the one side... and face

MBennettp

Reaction score
My stallion Joe and his daughter, Marty's "Merry Beth" are identical. They look exactly alike and move exactly alike. He also stamped his mark on Sandy's "Moose" which is also his daughter.

Here is Joe, maybe Sandy and Marty will post his daughters:

StellaLenoir

Reaction score
here are my mother daughter look a likes

Rainbow (dam) and Silver

They are almost the same shade, the only difference is Silver has face white, and one white sock and her mane and tail are a bit lighter.

I think they would make a neat driving team. Their manes are even on opposite sides!

and here is Rainbow and her baby from last year Chocolate Thunder( and last baby!!)

They have the Same exact head and face.

REO

Reaction score
My mare Sassy (her white marking is under her mane in the same spot as her daughter's.

And her 3 year old daughter Sophie. I took this pic yesterday.

My mare Taxi

And her baby son, who has the same blue eyes, star and snip!

VernB

Reaction score
My Stallion Lucky F Stylish Little Man

Little Man as a foal

Little Man's 2007 Colt Stylized Tiger Lad. I think he looks just like his daddy.

I wish I had a pic of him now but I sold him. I'm sure he looks just like his sire.

Latest posts