Lets see your Rowdy bred horses...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeana

Reaction score
I think its only fair that we share our Rowdy bred horses too
default_wub.png

Erica's Ima Rowdy Twister 34" son of Cross Country Take My Breath Away owned by Erica. Mr Twister goes back to Rowdy 4x in his pedigree.

Twister.jpg

twister20trotting.jpg

On The Rise Silver Angel 32.5" Great Granddaughter of Rowdy on her dam side. This mare can trot like, i wish one day i could get her driving. She can almost break level all the way down the pasture...

Ang11.jpg

001SilverAngel.jpg

One of my favorites
default_wub.png
Here are my Rowdy horses
love0034.gif

[SIZE=12pt]Cross Countrys Brass Monkey, a/k/a “Monkey"[/SIZE]

2008 AMHA / AMHR pending, AMHR Futurity Nominated -- Going To The 2008 Nationals

Blaze Faced, Blue Eyed, Buckskin Show Colt -- Expected To Mature @ 31”

Sired By Cross Country Rowdys Reflection, Sire of National Grand Champions

Reflection is a Son of Lazy “N” Redboy and Grandson of Rowdy

Monkey%202%20Touch.jpg
Monkey%201%20Touch.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Harrells Flirting With Perfection, a/k/a “Flirt”[/SIZE]

2006 AMHA/AMHR Silver Buckskin Show Filly – Halter Champion

Rowdy and Buckeroo breeding (Daughter of Ten Ls Spirits Afterglow, Granddaughter of Cross Countrys Rowdys Reflection)

Flirt%202007%20VMHC%20Summer%20Classic%20--%20100%20Touched%20MARES.jpg
Flirt%20Foals%20070408%20112%20MARES.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Harrells Rowdys Reflection of Hope, a/k/a “Hope”[/SIZE]

2002 33.5” AMHA/AMHR Silver Dapple with Sabino mare – Halter Grand Champion – Daughter of Cross Countrys Rowdys Reflection

HOPE%202007%20VMHC%20Summer%20Classic%20--%20019%20MARES.jpg
HOPE%202007%20VMHC%20Summer%20Classic%20--%20037%20MARES.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Whinny For Me's Dun Buckin Around, a/k/a "Ducky"[/SIZE]

2008 AMHA / AMHR pending, AMHR Futurity Nominated Show Colt – Greying or Black Sabino Roan -- Expected To Mature @ 33”

By Erica's Gone and DunIT (AMHR Nat'l Top 10 / AMHA Honor Roll / Multi Champion), out of Harrells Rowdys Reflection of Hope (Halter Gr Champion)

Bloodlines include: Buckeroo, Rowdy, BTU, Yellow Diamond Little Feather, and Egyptian King

Ducky%20051408.jpg
Ducky%20041508%20026.jpg

Rowdy bred boy--Cross Country Mr. Natural

nat4.jpg

Erica's Oh Bay-b Bay-b

bayb3.jpg

Cross Country Lil Sadie

sadie3.jpg

The Rowdy horses were some of my favorites when I was growing up, but I only have one descendent, Cross County Sweet Emotion, sired by Cross Country Rowdy's Reflection.

DSC_1018_editedb.JPG

I love the expression on this little horse wpsellwood
default_wub.png
Very pretty head.

Elleworldshow07.jpg

Wow, super nice horses everyone!!!
default_wub.png

I am a big fan of the Buckeroo/Rowdy horses right now, this is Erica's Big City No Denying Me, Nighthawk and Buckeroo granddaughter (yay, got to put her in both threads! LOL)

MeMe_headneck_6_08.jpg

Hunterberry Hill Showys GoldNRubies, 2007 silver bay Cross Country Call Me Sir granddaughter (for sale)

Rubi_headneck_7_22_08.jpg

I love the Rowdy line!!!! A majority of the horses on our farm trace back to Rowdy.. At a time, we owned 12 Rowdy daughters and 2 Rowdy sons.... They helped us establish our herd and the look that we were looking for, and produced some beautiful babies for us. Here are a few:

SRF Classy Lady - 2 yr. old mare - Rowdy great-granddaughter on both sides of her pedigree

classylady2.jpg

SRF Obsession - Rowdy great-granddaughter on both sides of her pedigree

obsession2.jpg

SRF Nobility - Our herdsire - Rowdy Great-grandson - Sire of both of the above mares

nobility2.jpg

SRF Revelette - Rowdy Great-granddaughter - AMHA Eastern Regional Grand Champion Single Pleasure Driving Horse

newpicssummer08012.jpg

Most every horse on our website has some tie into Rowdy, so please check it out to see more of our "Rowdys"...

www.srfminis.com

Leeanna,

We raised the dam of your "Twister"(sold her in the Heritage Sale). We also owned his maternal grand-dam.... That is a great family of horses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rowdys ChampionToo a Rowdy grandson

aaaar.jpg

Rowdys Teela

teela2008.jpg

Oooh one I can participate in!

SRF Covergirl, a Hot Shot daughter and direct Rowdy granddaughter.

IMG_5525-1.jpg

DSCN3017.jpg

Mocha's Keep Her In Kashmere, not sure how her bloodlines trace back but they do

DSCN0372.jpg

IMG_3885.jpg

Love the Rowdy bred horses, they are gorgeous!
default_wub.png

We bought several of our horses from Sawmill River Farm - plus we like the Rowdy blood - so we have several with Rowdy blood. Among our 7 minis are these 5 Rowdy-bred horses:

SRF Buckshot, our stallion (half brother to SRF Nobility that KTS@Sawmill River posted), a Ramblin Starbuck grandson (also a BOB grandson):

Buckshot5_07.jpg

Jones Call Me Blue Admiration - a Lazy N Redboy grandaughter, sired by Cross Country Call Me Awesome (also has Blue Boy blood):

Mira_Pinto_05.jpg

Vermilyea Farms Exotic Exposure - NFC Rowdys Stylish Conclusion grandaughter (and Jefferson Halls Gambler daughter):

Sox_7_18_3.jpg

Mochas CC Rubies & Pearls - a Boogerman great-granddaughter:

Ruby_7_07_2.jpg

And lastly, our gelding SRF Masters Touch who is 3/8 Rowdy by blood:

(and we think we know how Rowdy got his name!)

cowboy_posing_june-19-2005.jpg

Edited to add: I wonder how many of these Rowdy-bred horses are LWO+? Our gray mare is, our stallion is not, so the others have not been tested. But I suspect the gelding and Ruby are LWO+ too, knowing family members who are.

I have two, but more on the way (several mares bred to Image for next year).

McSperitts Rowdy Night Image (Rowdy grandson, sired by Night Rider).

IMG1357_00_029.jpg

And McSperitts Masterpiece Tori (grand daughter of Image and has Rowdy in her pedigree twice)

036_36-1.jpg

And McSperitts Masterpiece Tori (grand daughter of Image and has Rowdy in her pedigree twice)
036_36-1.jpg
McSperitts Masterpiece Tori has the most perfect heart shaped marking I have ever seen!

I have 3 horses that go back to Rowdy - I am finding myself drawn to horses that coincidently have him in the pedigree somewhere! Wish it was close tho!

This is my filly, Sleepi, Rowdy Great-Great Granddaughter

Sleepy.jpg

And my stallion, Sabaar, a Rowdy Great-Great-Great Grandson

sabaargos507.jpg

Although Lady doesn't look like this today - she appears more like a drowned cat with

the rain we're having......it's nice to look at photos and remember her all tidied up.....

She is smoky black with one crystal blue eye and a partial blue, lovely to look at and

a personality that makes it seem she was born to us. She is 3 years old, Rowdy on

on the bottom and GMB on the top.

foxy8_07h.jpg

[
foxy8_07c.jpg

foxy8_07b.jpg

Rowdy bred horses here at Irish Hills Farm.

Hidden Creek - Irish Hills Take Two - son of Cross Country Take My Breath Away - son and grandson of Lazy N Redboy, who is a son of Rowdy

0807r.jpg

Cross Country Behind Blue Eyes - great granddaughter of Rowdy

blue05site.jpg

Irish Hills Way Cool Jr - son of Blue's (above)

080707.jpg

Cross Country Call Me Sassy - double bred great granddaughter of Rowdy

sas0809.jpg

Cross Country Penny Lane - great granddaughter of Rowdy

pennymidland5a.jpg

Irish Hills SG Fascinating Rhythm - great granddaughter of Rowdy

rhy1-2.jpg

Irish Hills Rumours In The Air - no pic - daughter of Rhythm

Now some of my shetland mares are related to Rowdy through his sire / grandsire.

I just got a couple new pictures of my colt, Cross Country's Brass Monkey, a/k/a "Monkey". He's wet from a bath and not posed, but pretty neat of a baby guy I think. As I said earlier in the thread (with younger pictures), Monkey is a son of Cross Country's Rowdys Reflection, a sire of National Grand Champions and son of Lazy N Redboy, who is also a sire of National Grand Champions and a son of Rowdy. Monkey's dam has foaled AMHA/AMHR World/National Top 10 Horses.

MONKEY2%20082608.jpg
MONKEY1---082608.jpg

Latest posts

Back