Lets see your horses driving a cart!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Palomino~

Reaction score
I would like to see some horses driving a cart!! I allways have dreamed of having a cart and a horse that could pull one and I love to see pics of people driving there minis:)

Thanks
laugh.gif

-Gage-

homelyndriving.jpg
[SIZE=14pt]This is from Nationals last year. This is Tuck who is actually owned by Flying J the Eckbolds.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish I had some more recent photos of Catch Me. Lyn has done such an amazing job with him.

He had only been hitched and driven a half a dozen times back when these were taken, so excuse his very green-bean-ness:

trot3.jpg

DSCN0065.jpg

Littleum, that horse of yours has quite the step! He is a yummy one! :D

Mountain Waif, that is a cute duo you have on your hands! Fuzzy boys, both of them! LOL!!!

My cart is supposed to arrive next week, can't wait to start driving the beautiful Miss Ally!!! YAY!!!

charismadriving2.05.jpg

Mr Charisma, my very green 3 year old gelding on one of his first drives.

Jan

ClickMini said:
Littleum, that horse of yours has quite the step! He is a yummy one! :D

418608[/snapback]

Thank you.
wub.gif
Don't tell the other "children", but he is my absolute favorite of the bunch.
wub.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif

I love movers...my black yearling filly can trot a lick too- big, soft mover and such a swinging, active backend.
eat.gif
Unfortunatly I have so little time, I'm really struggling with the reality I should sell her. And I know I should get on that BEFORE Nationals...
no.gif

Here is Arlene driving Run Around Sue

Sue1_op_800x726_op_291x264.jpg

Here is my wife with Filipowicz Morgan

morgan_driving.jpg

Here is Arlene with Val

Val_driving.jpg

Here is Peanut at Nationals last year.

Arlene___Peanut_Nationals_1.jpg

Ok...now after seeing all you guys...I have a question. I will post an old picture of my gelding and I know the breeching was connected wrong. Tell me about where the horse should be in the cart, I notice some with the shafts are up by the head and others are farther back. Someone said, I should put my horse out farther, but he is on the last hole in the tugs. My grandfather made the cart, I hate to alter it too much, but maybe I could shorten the shafts. This is my largest mini at 36 1/2 inches. I understand this is a safety issue so any help would be appreciated.

This is HM Cloud Dancer and 8 year old gelding, his first day out...sorry no pic of me
smile.gif

cloud40305.jpg

Here are three of my boys

Sparky_drv.jpg

Willow Creeks Spark-E-Lee/F.C.F Willow Creeks Spark-E-Lee

RedNat01sm.JPG

Britt Helm Red Hot N Rollin

littlejoesm.jpg

Bit Size Mufasa/Cadle Creeks Little Joe

We own 4 driving horses(and one to-be-drivee). What is sad is that 2 are minis, 2 horses, and we have 4 horse harnesses, and 3 mini harnesses....along with 6 carts/carriages. LOL we're packrats--and I still want a few more carts.

Anyway...Ref is 8(?or 7) and is 'home-grown'(have her mother) and trained by me. Shog is my mom's retired CT horse, 28 this year, trained by us. Fascination is my main Prelim. CDE horse, 10 years old. And Dapper Dan is the 'do-anything' horse, 4 years old and very cute(he also plays tandem leader with Fascination in the wheel).

Ref(not one of our carriages, this was borrowed--aren't people nice??):

f59cd7fd.jpg

It was very wet at this show(and this is our carriage):

f4e95584.jpg

Shog(again, not our carriage):

f59ccf23.jpg

Fascination:

f6752d19.jpg

Dapper Dan:

f41328f3.jpg

There you go....and BTW, the cart shaft should not be forward of the point of the shoulder. Even slightly behind it is fine, but not in front. For more harnessing tips, look up the thread "Pet Peeves" on the forum....oh, and on the marathon carriages(big horses), the shafts are different--they are supposed to be by the saddle.

Ahh they all look so nice.Wish I couod figure out how to post pictures so I could put my Crystal on! Driving minis is the way to really enjoy them. Mary

Latest posts

Back