Lets see your first foal born at your farm

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jess P

Reaction score
I thought this would be a fun topic.

So, if you would please post your first foal's picture (and possibly what they look(ed) like grown up) and your latest. This is so we can see how your breeding has changed!

Jessica

OK! You asked for them.......

Here is Savannah Moon, our first born but not "home bred" here. We bought her dam bred and this is what we got.

3 days old

airborn.jpg

5 years old (not the best photo)

tootlft.jpg

Our last foal born here, mid May

Kilroy's Miss Wylie

1 week old

wylie11.jpg

Most recent, about 3 months old

wyliepose%20.jpg

I havent had any foals, I dont breed. But Im gonna bump this up because I think it would be interesting to see.

Ahhhh, this is fun!!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
this was our first mini born at our farm - this is Puck as a wee one.
puckty.jpg

And, this is Puck all grown up...this was taken at a local show at lunch time...he hadn't been in harness long when this was taken. I forgot to say his reg name...well, we named him Daddys money...that was before we had a farm name.
puckdrive.jpg

Puck now lives in Texas at the JTR ranch...we miss him still.
wub.gif

And, here is our last Bambino born this year...Greenwood Acres Dream of mine.

I love this little girl...she was made of dreams for sure. I LOVE her Dam...I won Reserve National champion countrypleasure driving with her, on our own - no trainer. And, her Sire I won World champion single pleasure driving on our own as well. I have such a bond with these two horses...you work so hard (and play) and you become partners and friends along the way...and, then to be so blessed with this special filly from the both of them...it has been a dream for sure.
wub.gif
she is a little trotting machine like her parents...I love watching her play...and, I'm still dreaming...can't wait for her to grow up so, I can drive her too
wub.gif

lis
dreamor1wk.jpg

Oh this is a great thread!
aktion033.gif
This is my Thera. Diminutives Baroness Vant Thera. My very first baby born here. I did not breed the mare but bought her in foal with filly at side. Thera is 4 now and has her own daughter Diminutives Theraly Over theMoon 4U born 5/17/05.
th_000_1172thera2000.jpg
e4a635b0.jpg

This is our last foal for this year. Casey alias Diminutives Luv Potion Number Nine, now sold to the nicest family in Va.
th_casey00.jpg

My breeding has changed alot. I was one who always looked against the tall and went for small. Now I have Thera at 33", Treasure at 37" and Halley at 32", and a 31" stallion that should top at 32". BIG changes here.

Last edited by a moderator:
aktion033.gif
Keep them coming!

This thread is showing that everyone starts out somewhere, everyone has gorgeous babies in this thread, however. Minimule, WYLIE IS A DOLL
wub.gif
!

Here is the first foal we ever produced here at Kickapoo...back in 1991.

Kickapoo's Kewpie Doll....the first offspring of very many, from Missy & CockRobin.

Dolly was the very first horse I ever showed (even tho I've owned horses my entire life). But I was such a NOVICE...I didn't even have her mane trained to lay over!
rolleyes.gif
But as you can see....she still did very well at her first show.
yes.gif

f23ac721.jpg

Here is Dolly as a yearling...

f23abfc9.jpg

And here is our last foal produced here just this past July. Kickapoo's Apache Moon.
smile.gif

f23ac704.jpg

Our first foal back in 1984 Pennys Mayfield out of King Tut x Komokos Silver dollar Penny with my mother and now 27 year old daughter then only 6. We sold him as a weaner.
biggrin.gif
l remember this photo he liked kicking people.
mayfield.jpg

What a neat thread to start, Great idea!! (I really find it intresting to see some of the really well known breeders, you can see the high quality in their horses no matter When they were started!
aktion033.gif
)

Here is mine, Crusader, born on easter last year, now happy as can be with a family with two kids as a lawn ornament (sp?)
IM000648.jpg

And this year's one and only, Haley, Winning Streaks Star Image, a Fire and Ice grandaughter, and all around spoiled brat!
wub.gif
HaleySide.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]OH! THIS is going to be a fun thread to follow.[/SIZE]

My input has minimal value. I've only had 2 foals born. One in 2001 and one in 2003. The first one was not my breeding -- I bought a mare in foal dispite the fact she was in foal!

Then my second one is my breeding but the first time I've picked the parents of anything. I am really proud of the result, though. He did well at shows (championships) and I see some things in him I prefer over his parents. I do think it was a good cross and a good "first try" to be sure.

Here's my first "baby" anything, Morningstar, who is now a cremello 4yo mare. She just went out on a free lease to a friend this past Sunday!

morningstar2.jpg

morningstar-06222003-1.jpg

And here is the first foal of my breeding, Skipper, who is a gelding. I just adore him, inside and out. He's an extremely intelligent horse (much like his daddy and mommy):

threedayold-skipper-1.jpg

Skipper-VMHC-by-DRockwell.jpg

If my plans work out then the next horses of my breeding will be sired by DunIT and Destiny, so that will be very exciting and hopeful for me.

I would have to go back through some really old photographs and see if I can scan something in. I'm not even sure when my first foal was born.

BUT, here's the latest!!!!! This tiny little bay tovero colt with two bright blue eyes was foaled yesterday afternoon at 2:30! Perfect delivery for a perfect colt. My daughter Cammie (angel_cowgirl) posted about him on another thread. He's actually her first foal!
aktion033.gif

Ravincolt.jpg

Dawn, is that foal Komokos Pennys Mayfield? Wow, we had him for a while, he was a nice little guy and sired big, square butts! He's Zac's grandsire, actually.

I've been looking and looking for a photo I know I have in the depths of my computer of our very first foal, Circle J First Lady, and me when I was almost 2. But I haven't found it yet!

Our very first "homebred" foal was Circle J Champs Lil Chief ... he's done lots of winning with the Lockes over the years, most recently at our last show this summer he was Grand Champion Senior Gelding and Judges Choice at 21 years young.

And our last foal born of this year was a blue roan filly, Circle J Just A Memory, who is out of a half sister to Chief.

fergie05fillyroan.jpg

Yes Kendra thats Mayfield way back when at that time we didn't know anything about being able to name foals you had in your farm name then of course we never had a farm name for a long time. l believe you did have him for a short time and he's back with Shelly if l'm correct. We still have Penny the old bag.
biggrin.gif

Oh this is fun....I love looking at pictures of them as they grow....

Zena at one week May '04

Zena_1_week6.jpg

Zena at 3 months

Zena9-04.jpg

Zena at 14 months

Aug052.jpg

Same parents, 13 months later, Zuni

ZuniZoe6-12.jpg

Zuni @ 3 months

Zuni8-05.jpg

All I can contribute - those are my only babies.......

Here is our first Mini colt, Cedar Plains First Edition: (aged 2 months)

Scootershow03.gif

And here are our last two '05 foals:

Cedar Plains Fine'n'Dandy at one week of age:

Dandy1week_sm.jpg

Cedar Plains Evening Smoke at 20 hours old:

Timiescolt_sm.jpg

cb6-97.jpg

Raftered Hearts Cherry Bomb, born 5-21-97. She is our first "homebred" as the other two mares we had prior were bred when we got them, and one of them was what I would consider a dwarf, and probably would not have used for breeding even as naive as I was then. So I consider this our first, and she was a miracle as her dam was near death when we got her, and we didn't know it at the time, but was 21 years old, had a history of twinning as well.

Cherry Bomb has given us four beautiful foals of her own, not the least of which is the ever popular "Mouse".

Here is Cherry as a yearling:

cherrypose.jpg

And as a 5-year old mare:

cherdrive.jpg

Cherry is expecting her 2006 foal by Incredible, our White Russian son, in Jan.
smile.gif

And....this is our 2005 filly, Lark:

larklmweb.jpg

(Not the best pic of her, but the only one I have of her that is pretty recent, she is four months old, here).

Liz M.

Latest posts

Back