Let's Play a Game

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topnotchminis

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I just got DNA results back on my dog Charlie. Would you guys like to take a Guess on what he is? I will give you a hint he has 6 breeds in his DNA and he is almost 70 pounds. Here are some pics

When he was a puppy:

n1435651841_30289591_3456.jpg

Here he is at about 6 months

n1435651841_30345852_6194996.jpg

4174_1149919554924_1435651841_30402511_5057088_n.jpg

No pit bull, but he is part lab and collie. I will post the rest tomorrow. Thanks for the posts, everyone is welcome to guess the rest if they like.

When I first looked at the first photo I said lab, collie, boxer...then looked at the other pictures & decided not boxer but I can't place what it is I'm seeing in his face in that first photo. It might come to me before tomorrow, and it might not!
default_laugh.png

He's a cute one though!

I'll play too, except I can only come up with 5 breeds that may be in his make-up! They are...

1. Pitbull
Lab

Border Collie

Beagle

Boxer

Edited to add...I will add Golden Retriever to my list for the 6th one!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, besides ADORABLE
default_smile.png
I see pit and lab, maybe some sort of herding breed too. Whatever he is, he looks like a sweetie. I love his color and markings
default_wub.png

I have to say though, those DNA tests are fun but are not too reliable. Some friends of mine tested their purebred AKC Champion American Staffordshire Terriers to very interesting results LOL We also had two clients who sent in tests on their littermate pups - both puppies came back with a completely different set of breeds - keep in mind these were FULL littermate sisters
default_laugh.png

Here's a funny video my friend made after getting her results (she's a lawyer, she loves this sort of thing)

default_rolleyes.gif

Lemme guess:

Lab

Staffy

Collie

foxhound?

Beagle

Terrier?

Just a guess :p

Whatever he is he's a cutie!

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't forget some of the supposedly pure breeds are anything but.

The Pharoah Hound, claimed by breeders to date back to ancient Egypt, has been shown to only go as far back as the 1940s, according to dna.

(I don't mean to besmirch any of the many reputable breeders out there.)

Thanks for all the guess. He came back as: Golden Retriever,Lab, Chow Chow, Collie, English Springer Spaniel, and German Shepherd. I thought he had lab and collie, but I was surprised with the rest.

Thats a big mix of dogs
default_smile.png

Im pretty sure I didnt win the game

default_biggrin.png

Who would of thought all those different breeds would turn into such a pretty wee dog
default_smile.png

Im a little Jelous
default_wub.png

Just curious, how and where did you have the DNA done. I have a road side rescue that I have often wondered what is in his background.

Thank you all for the compliments. He is a great dog. He was our foster puppy when he was three months old, and we decided to keep him. He came to us with a broken leg, skinny, and a dislocated hip.

Bonloubri I sent you a message with a link for the test.

Latest posts

Back