let's all share stories

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlene

Reaction score
i'm gonna go ahead and start a new thread and i hope marty and everybody else will jump in here. these things fascinate me, more so since gary has been gone and i am just SO amazed at the "timing" of my visits. i have had not such a great day today, been crying a lot off and on and when i visited the cemetery today, i broke down big time. i don't usually cry when i am there because i know gary wouldn't want me to but today, i just could not help it.

so, i come home to check my e-mail and look what i get from my son!!!!! he and his girlfriend are gonna try a "container" garden)...

"I just finished building the garden box. I got a chance to try out my miter saw, and I really like it. I also used that drill. I put a plywood bottom on it with drainage holes so that it's portable. It turned out pretty well. I didn't plant anything in it yet. But, I filled it with a mix of peat moss, vermiculite, and a variety of compost. When I was finished with it, I stepped back and looked it over, and I noticed a penny right next to the box! It was a dark, well-worn 1980 penny. I suppose it could've been there the whole time, but it was right in the middle of the garage, and I think I would've noticed it. Perhaps Gary was giving his stamp of approval to my first wood-working project! It was quite a chore. I'm exhausted."

i had just finished answering john's e-mail when we had a pop-up shower. five minutes later, i look outside and what do i see?.....

rainbow62808.jpg

if you look really close, there is a second rainbow just to the right of the bright one. gary's working overtime this weekend!! LOL
default_biggrin.png

ok, now it's somebody else's turn!

My father always loved Cardinals and for the past two years a male Cardinal has flown into the house in the winter. I have caught it both times and turned it loose out the front door. This year though it flew into our bedroom and then back out into the kitchen where I caught it. He then proceeded to bite me quite hard. A few days later I walked into the bedroom and laying in the middle of the doorway were two feathers from him. I know he lost them that night but where were they for those three days and how did they get into the middle of the doorway? Steve didn't see them until I pointed them out to him.

I have dreams of my mother quite often and we have conversations in those dreams. Usually I remember them when I wake-up. My mother and I were very close and I still miss her after 12 years. I find myself doing and saying things just like her more and more now. When I plant a flower our tend to a flower bed I know she is there with me, she loved flowers and passed that love down to me.

My father was the horse lover and he gave that love of horses to me. I am so gratefull for the life I had with them.

I had a friend pass away two weeks ago, while i was at the Area II Regional Show. Got home and a friend of mine called and told me, i could not believe her ...i actually got upset with her because i thought she was joking. He had just graduated high school a few days before, he had a full ride to Ohio State and took his own life over a girlfriend breaking up with him
default_no.gif
. He was the nicest person i knew, i am not just saying that. He was the most popular guy in school ...he was handsome, athletic, he had it all. I knew him well, he was a year behind me in school but my junior year in high school (he was a in 10th), i had a class with him and i heard him talking about them just getting a horse ...well...he had my attention at that point when he said horse
default_smile.png
. I remember helping them out a bit in the beginning with hay, feed connections ext and giving them some pointers. We may not have been close close friends but we were friends.

I remember sitting in class with him, passing him in the hallway, going to subway with him ..its been two weeks, i couldnt go to the funeral (had to work), but i did get to visit his grave last week. It was very hard being there
default_no.gif
. He would come over time from time and claimed Royal as "his" pony. It was fun having him around, he was a prankster...i think he always felt like he had to help out in the barn or owed us for helping them when they first got their horse. He and dad were working on redoing part of the barn earlier this spring too, he was such a good guy and i miss him so much. Part of me cant help but be angry with him for what he did (taking his own life), and for what his family is going through and the people that knew him and for the reason he did it. But, the missing him far far outweighs the anger.

Here is a slideshow of him on Youtube ...

Sorry I can't. I hear I look like I've aged 20 years.
default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif

I lost my cousin when I was 14. He was just 16 and got killed by a tub grinder when working underneith it. Me and him were like brother and sister, although he had 2 sisters. One the same age as me. But we just got along so well, and enjoyed playing together.

They say children moarn twice, but I don't think I ever finished moarning. I just learned to live with it, but it has affected my life in so many ways. Well its been 8 years and for these 8 years he has come to me in dreams. When I was younger, I was scared by him in my dreams. But as I got older, I was able to handle more of it. He would come to me in figures. Then he started talking to me as an owl. He was slowly working his way to speak to me without scareing me.

The final dream I had was last year believe it or not. He came to me in full form. His 2 sisters were there, and he held me. He told me, that I need to stop moarning and that its time I move on. He explained that his sisters have moved on, that I need to. He hugged me and told me he loved me, and that this was the last time he was going to visit me. Well he meant it, becuase I've never had another dream about him since.

He used to come to me real easily. If I listened to his favorite song, he would come to me that night. We really had such a connection.

So just thursday my mother and I went and talked to a psychic about her dog. It was neat as she said there was a younge boy in the house. Our family lives on the same property. 2 Houses. His father and sister all live in one house. But my cousin seems to stay with me. I guess he knows I need his support more.

I have smelt roses in my car, and a dirty mechanic. lol Someone has turned my TV off, and for the longest time would turn my light on in the house if I was gone more than 2 days.

The year I was pregnant with my daughter I lost my mom in June. I lost my Dad in December and backing up I had lost a brother due to suicide in February before I became pregnant. For my mother my being pregnant was the only good thing she had happen to her that year after losing my brother. My daughter was born about 11:30 in morning on Jan 18th starting the new year off on a good note. That night I was in a room with 4 other new moms. Everyone was asleep but me. I was wide awake when I felt someone next to my bed. I rolled over and my mother was standing right beside my bed, big smile on her face, obviously happy that she had seen her new grand daughter. She looked me right in the eyes, said You have a beautiful baby girl, love her, take care of her and protect her. Then she was gone. I've never seen her again. Unfinished business. She left before she could share in my joy. That was over 27 years ago. But I remember it like it just happened last year.

Shortpig,

I'm so sorry for all your losses. When I read your thread I had goose bumps over my entire body.

What a wonderful gift your mother gave you!

One night in our new home my husband and I were sleeping in the guest room as the master bedroom was being worked on. In this spare room, I always felt my deceased mother-in-law's presence. I actually think it was due to the colors of the room but anyways, my husband and I were fast asleep when I suddenly woke up and in the corner of the room was a 3' (thing) with millions of little lights. I woke my husband up and he saw it too. These little lights stayed in the corner of the room for probably 2 to 3 minutes. We both felt that it was his mom. Ever since then I won't sleep in that room. I'm scared! :Cold-Scared

I lost my grandmother to cancer when I was a young teenager. I grieved so hard for her but our family was not the type to show much emotion, so I held it in and would cry at night. I remember praying desperately to get a sign that g'ma was ok somewhere.

One particularly bad night, maybe a few weeks after grandma died, I had a very vivid dream about my grandma bringing us garden tomatoes, which she often did when she was alive. I remember saying in the dream over and over (and that is how I woke up - was in that part of the dream) was "How can she be alive but still be dead?".

I like to think that was God's way of telling me that she was still ok somewhere.

Charlene, What a great thread! I find things like this to be very interesting, more so since I lost my brother. I cant wait for my book HELLO FROM HEAVEN to arrive, and the site is also very interesting. I would love to hear Martys experiences too.

I lost my brother, Lance, just 2 months ago yesterday. He was a construction worker, and built homes. He looked like he was in perfect shape, rugged and muscular. He had never been sick a day in his life, loved the country, horses, and enjoyed his many hunting trips to other states. He always woke up at 5 am, had the horses all fed and the coffee made, by the time I got up, he also had any dishes from the night before put away and anything in the house that was out of place was picked up. He couldn't sit still for a minute and always had to be doing or building another project. He had lived with us for 35 years, we had a special brother/sister bond. He was 56 yrs old, when we found him on April 28th, dead of a heart attack in bed that morning. The day before his funeral...a red bird, not sure what kind it is, started to appear at our bedroom window. This bird would sit in the lilac tree, that is right there ..and chirp up a storm very loud ,every morning at exactly 5 am. Just a few days ago, I started telling people about this bird and kidding that it must be Lance waking me up. I am now getting up earlier and the past 2 days the bird is gone.

Another story...my 2 grandsons ages 4 and 6 , were sound asleep, about 1 week after Lance passed. ( Lance was a special "Uncle" to the boys, and wouldn't miss a day without going over to see them and tease them. He was a big tease with little kids!) my 4 yr old grandson woke up in the middle of the night, screaming...dont tickle me, my daughter went into his room and he was sitting straight up in bed telling my daughter to tell Lance not to tickle him. My daughter got him calmed down and back to sleep, the same night about 2 hours later..my 6 yr old grandson woke up calling for MOM, my son-in-law went into his bedroom and my grandson was sitting in bad, asking his Dad "who is that man by the door" (bedroom door) my SIL told him is was Uncle Lance and he was just checking to make sure the boys were OK, and then he would leave. My grandson went back to sleep and nothing has happened since. The following day my daughter called me and told me about this. She said she told Lance he was welcome to come over anytime, but not at night ..it scares the boys. The boys know Lance is only there to protect them, and not do any harm.

My parents and my hubbys parents are both gone We have never had any "visits" from them, other then about 2 weeks after my Mom passed away. I went out to feed our St. Bernard, he had a 16 X 20 outdoor kennel pen. When I opened the door to his pen..the whole inside of his pen smelled like EsteLauder perfume, which is what my Mom always wore. Once I went outside of the pen, you couldnt smell anything. I thought that was odd..since it was all outside! Must of been my Mom visitng my dog, she loved dogs.

Last edited by a moderator:
let me just first say, i am sorry for all of the losses my LB family has been through. it doesn't matter how long ago or how recent, they are all heart wrenching.

WOW! these stories are just awe inspiring! i envy those of you who have had your loved ones come to you in your dreams. i have begged and pleaded with gary but so far, i have only had one dream of him, shortly after he died and it was a fleeting glimpse, almost like he was teasing me. maybe my mind isn't quite ready, i don't know, but i look forward to them.
default_smile.png

i posted this in my "signs" thread but i'll put it here, too. found another purple petunia yesterday.
default_aktion033.gif
today is gary's mom's birthday. from gary, i dug up a few of "his" petunias and potted them for her. so far, she has not had any come up at her place and i think today would be a good day for her to get some.
default_yes.gif

GARYSpetuniasnanabday.jpg

my dad passed the sunday befor Christmas in 2000. He has suffered from a long illness where he went from a great vascular surgon to wheelchair bound, on morphine and o2. In 4 years. He still made a beautiful garden and had started painting again which was great as he was a VERY talented artist.

So that sunday, I was to take a dog to the other side of Tallahasse for rescue, my grandmother decided she had to come with me 'just in case'. SO that made my mom have to stay home with my dad. She had wanted to do last min shopping for Xmas. Which worked out, my dad died with her right there. So they shared that last moment.

When I got back to the house, he was gone, and just his body there. My younger brother was in with his body, and I went into the bathroom and while on the toilet my dad comforted me.LOL! kind of weird timing but Ill take it!

Now, I was a single mother on very limited income, but I had the strongest feeling I had to get my mom a gift from him. He had not been able to get her anything for christmas that last year. So I scoured the malls knowing he was an extravagant shopper! Top of the line only for my mom. He loved her so.
default_wub.png

I ended up finding a $1000.00 locket. Which was all my money. I had it engraved with

'Peanut, I will always be with you'

Peanut was his pet name for my mom when we were little. Having been out of the house for years, I hadnt heard him call her it in years. I even named my dog Peanut, and never once made the connection to my mom. But as I purchased the locket I heard him and knew thats what he wanted, and thats what he wanted it to say.

He also left me all his artistic talent! Weird but after he passed I started painting again and was WAY better than I ever was. Thanks Dad!! I love you and miss you!
default_wub.png

One nite Arnie woke me up. He said I had been sitting upright in bed sound asleep, eyes wide open. I told him I had to call my mother in the morning. Had felt someone sit at the foot of the bed, looked and it was my grandmother who was in Chicago. I was in NY. She said "I don't want you to be sad or cry. I'm with your Grandfather and I'm happy!" Thats when Arnie woke me up. My grandfather died 7 months before we were married. Before I could call her my Mom called and said I have bad news for you. I said I know. Grandma died. She said who called you? Noone She came to me. Later we found out it had been within an hour of her dying.
default_wub.png

well i saw this and i thought i might as well reply....

After suffering from lung cancer for many many years, like 20 or 30, my grandfather eventually passed away
default_no.gif
he had died when the cancer was at its worst to the point where he was halucinating and the doctors could do no more for him.so eventually he passed away in the summer of 2003. As to be expected, my family and i were deevistated. And a year after we could smell the flowers that were at his funeral. For years we could smell them but then it just stopped
default_sad.png
I always like to think he would stop in to check on us, we havent experienced it since like 2 or 3 years ago.

here is one that i find so cool

At my school i was in 1st greade when the school was struck w/ tradegy. It was a weeks after Sept. 11 when a kindergartener (sp?), Madison, suffered from cardiac arrest. since then our shool has collected money for other schools to buy aed machines as well our school has 3. Anyway, we seen a girl witha golden foot round a corner in our school. Also, last year the then second graders saw a girl, iluminated in gold, hovering above the baptismal font in our school becuase i go to a catholic school. everyone suspects this was madison because she was refered to as our angel also because she always wanted to be an angel.

well thats my two experiences from heaven.
default_biggrin.png

I wasn't going to post......I've shared stuff elsewhere, so I don't know why I'm hesitant to share here.

When I was little my maternal grandmother lived with us. She passed when I was 10. Not long after I would smell "her". Occasionally I still do. She had/has a wonderful powder lavender scent that was just her own.

I also began "hearing" a high pitched sound in my right ear. It's like tuning into the sound of electricity...and that's what I used to think I was hearing. But over the years (and with validations from other people) I've discovered I am tuning into "Spirit Energy" close by.

That was the beginning......... Then, just before my 16th birthday my older brother was murdered. And with that all sorts things began happening. The first was a visual visit of my brother, Dan, a day after he passed.

I have had so many "ADC's" (After Death Communication) since then that there is no way I can put them into one post. I've even occasionally received signs for other people....... I've also received from some of our pets who have crossed over.

There is one thing I wanted to pass on to everyone......It's something that two different psychic mediums have shared with me over the years. That it is not uncommon for any of us who have experienced a major loss -- a shock in our lives to suddenly become open to "receiving". We also may find ourselves more sensitive in other areas as well.

It's sure nice to know I/we are not alone with these experiences!

I have shared these before,,, but some people weren't here.

My father died a month before I turned 11 years old on New Year's day... I always missed him, and when I had my daughter I thought he would just love her to death! She was always singing and talking and just was really good at entertaining herself when she was about three. She said she had a friend that would come and play with her. Not uncommon I thought. She said she didn't know his name.When were were getting ready to move, I found a photo of my Dad. I didn't have many of them and I showed it to Hilary. She took one look at the photo before I said who it was and said " Hey! That's my friend!"

When my Mom died ,,, it almost killed me. I really don't think I will ever get over it. She suffered terribly and the cancer took ever bit of dignity she had. And darn, she was a proud woman. After she was gone a year or so, I had to have my wisdom teeth out... all four. I thought no problem,, I drove myself and was awake when they did it. About half way through, when they were wedging these metal tools against my cheek to pop out the teeth,,, I started to panic!!! Hee Hee, just then it was just like someone sprayed the room with White Shoulders cologne. I knew that if she could have gone through all the things she did I certainly could get through this.

My husband and I were driving to go fishing on a the freeway.... A big 4X4 in front of us lost a bolt about 5"s long from its undercarriage. It hit the ground and bounced up and hit the windshield right at my husband's face. It sprayed glass everywhere, in our teeth, hair, backseat. BUT it did not come all the way through the glass. We were in a middle lane and how he didn't wreck I don't know. But we were fine. He pulled over and he looked and me and we both went,,, Mom saved us! It should have came right through and hit him in the face. Going 70 miles and hour!

And the last one was when my Mom's sister was ill and 85. I was the last relative and I was feeling sorry for myself since I had taken care of her, but knew it was time that she moved into a facility that could give her full time care. It was such a horrible feeling to take her out of her home. I was sitting on the front deck alone,,, blubbering like a fool, and I said " Mom,,, I can't do this again, it is too hard. I need help." Just then a branch fell out of the tree and bopped me on the head. No wind, no birds, nothing. It was not a big branch,,, just enough to make me listen up and do what I had to do!

My father passed away in 1999. He and Mom were traveling and he had a sudden massive heart attack during the night.

The night before his funeral I was pulled out of a sound sleep by "something" and there in front of me was Dad. He never said a word, he just smiled as he sat on the edge of my bed looking down at me. I was filled with such immense joy that I was smiling so hard my face hurt. I don't know how long this went on, but it was incredible. He was able to reach me and give me this last incredible gift. I know he is in Heaven and one day we will be together again. I miss him so much.

It took me several years to get to where I could share this with my Mother. She and Dad had that "once in a lifetime love". Just before Dad passed away I went thru a very ugly divorce and Mom came to me and told me that I needed to talk to Dad because he just couldn't understand why I couldn't "stick it out" and work thru it. I did explain things to Dad and he understood. The divorce was finalized several months after Dad's death. After that I would sit and pray that I could meet someone wonderful so that I could experience just a tiny portion of what my parents knew. I wanted a relationship like that. Some time later I met Nick and over time we realized that we "have it". The day we were married was a beautiful sunny day in November and as my uncle was walking me to the altar (Outdoor wedding) it began to sprinkle, just enough to drive the point home. Dad was there. It was just beautiful!

Oh, how I miss him. My two youngest children will never know him and oh, what they are missing. Every now and again I catch his quirky grin on my 3 yr old son and Yep, Dad is still here!!

Oh dear, I have many experiences over the last few years...

Dad's death was devistating but 4 years later when Mom died, that was just it for me. I had nightmares almost every night after her death. Not that it was scary, but I would dream I was with my one sister, and we would be working down at the folks' house and I would turn around and Mom would be coming up the hallway, or would come into the room where I was. Of course, knowing she was gone, I would freak out seeing her there, and would then wake up with heart pounding.... I told my sister about my nightmares and she said she wondered if Mom was ok....

I talked about it to a friend at work who likes to be 'tuned in' to many things... and she asked why I was so scared and what did my Mom say in the dreams. I told her I was scared, because I knew it was a 'ghost' and she shouldnt be there and that she didnt say anything cause I always freaked and then woke up. She told me not to freak cause maybe she was trying to just tell me something.

A couple of nights later, I dreamed my sister and I went into a little cafe and sat at a booth, and my Mom came in, but accompanied by my Dad this time. I was scared and nervous, and asked what they were doing there. She said they didnt have long, but she just wanted me to know that she was fine, not to worry and that they were just great. She and Dad BOTH looked so happy and peaceful, almost like 'newlyweds' or something- just blissful- no stress, no pain, nothing but peace and happiness.

I commented to her how fantastic they looked and she smiled and told me that everthing was great, and patted my hand, told me they had to go now and to please not worry about them. At this point, I didnt want them to go, but they did....

I have never had another nightmare since, and do know that they are fine, at peace and doing great. I had such a feeling of calm when I woke up in the morning, and thought my heart would just burst with the love I felt from the visit.

I called my sister the second I woke up the next morning, so excited to tell her and she was so happy too, as she had wondered how Mom and Dad were.

I've had many signs since, mostly from Mom- smelling her perfume at work (which they quit making years ago)- finding a note in her handwriting in my nightstand. Mom was never here at this house after I moved in, she was too ill. Have NO idea how it got there or when, but was certainly shocked when I found it, as her handwriting was undeniable and very unique.

There have been many other things too, but way too much to put here. I just know they couldnt be happier and I will see them again someday, and they still are with us and see what is going on here still. So I still tell them 'Happy Birthday' or Happy Father's Day, or what ever special day it might be, and if I see something I know they would enjoy- I send them a mental message to say 'hey, check it out'... so they can enjoy it too.

candice, "once in a lifetime love" is what i had engraved on gary's headstone.
default_smile.png

i love reading all of these stories! i have not told a lot of people about my signs from gary, i have been afraid that they might think i was either nuts or that it was wishful thinking on my part. but, seeing all of these posts makes me realize even more that what i have experienced are, indeed, signs from MY once in a lifetime love.
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back