Leopard x Leopard foal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Wee Horse Farm

Reaction score
Boy! These appys - ya just never know.........I posted the other night that Dottie was close. Well, she delivered that nite. Would you believe these two........

f2a7d02d.jpg

Gave us this?

f2a7d00f.jpg

f2a7cffe.jpg

Actually, I'm very sure this girl (!! SIXTH filly out of SEVEN babies this year !!) will spot out. She has app sclera, white at the top of her tail & there's no pinto in her background & a little mottling on her unmentionables. She's very very correct & perfect.................just sitting around now waiting for SSSSSSPOTS!!!
rolleyes.gif

LOL, Been there, done that
wink.gif
yes.gif

They almost always color out, but you still just scratch your head and say, what the heck?
biggrin.gif
wacko.gif

Congrats on another healthy filly! I bet she will be a colorful girl by the time she's done.

Congratulations on your new filly! I think you should call her "Plain Jane", because Murphy's Law will come into play, and just because you called her Plain, she will become just the opposite!
wink.gif

Karen we have 7 babies coming 2006. 3 of them are Santana babies. 2 of them are Dually babies and one is a Bugle Boy baby and a donkey baby. She is pretty though.

It always seems the fewer spots they have, the more spots the babies have! You just over-spotted.
biggrin.gif
But I bet that baby will throw some spots!! Is she for sale???
aktion033.gif

She's as cute as a button! (Even without spots). I like Mona's idea. It might work!

MA

Congratulations on a really pretty girl. I'm with Mona! Call her "Plain Jane" ( no offense dear Jane) and she's sure to leopard out!
wub.gif

That's the beauty of App's. The potential!! Unfortunately pinto's don't do that!!

She's very cute!

ruffian said:
That's the beauty of App's. The potential!!  Unfortunately pinto's don't do that!!
She's very cute!

455196[/snapback]

Well...that's ONE way to look at it!
laugh.gif
I absolutely LOVE a pretty leopard Appy....but the reason I decided NOT to breed for Appys....is because you don't usually know what you have until AFTER you've sold those "solid" babies.
rolleyes.gif

And Laura.....that picture of you & Mia is just beautiful!!!!!!
wub.gif

[SIZE=14pt]I just love her typy little self! Gorgeous eyes and head.... she will color up you watch. I had a filly that was solid red as a weaner with sclera and striped hooves. The first year she clipped out red with white snowflakes everywhere and by the 3rd year she was white from the withers back with a few red spots. Her nave is AVF Red Fraggle last known address was new jersey. Wonder what she looks like now if she is still alive that was about 19 years ago.[/SIZE]

Lyn

[SIZE=10pt]It is very odd. I Have POA's and breeder friends of mine will not breed two leopards together for that exact reason. They say that is extremely common almost a sure thing
new_shocked.gif
so they won't do it. Allison.
[/SIZE]

How cute - I love those apps - still waiting on two babies to spot out! They are both 4 months old - one has spotted "unmentionables" the other nothing. So, we'll see. . . Love your baby
wub.gif

Oh been there done that this year. Crossed a black/white toby with a silver/white toby and got a solid silver....not one speck of white on her. Not even a cornet band...NOTHIN'
laugh.gif
wacko.gif

Congrats on your beauty baby though!!! Looks happy and healthy and that's what matters.
wub.gif

Congratulations on the cute little filly. I'm with Dona--I like to know what I have for color before I sell any. Those appys sure do keep you guessing. I only have one and hes a dunaloosa, with only a frosted butt, but everytime he is bred to a solid color mare with appy in her background he has color, breed him to a mare with no appy background and he has solids! He is also the sire to our hinnys. (hes not a fussy breeder
wink.gif
) Corinne

Congrats on your new filly!!! The apps will drive us crazy wont they? I bet with those two wild colored parents u really did expect some spots.

I agree with Fantacsix... I have had that happen before, too... but, don't worry.... that baby will color....
yes.gif
Pretty, pretty filly....
yes.gif

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

Hoping she colors out for you, but she is a cutie. We have what is listed on papers as a white appaloosa, all she has is the mottleling around her mouth and rear end and striped hooves. She has had 3 leopard appaloosa foals for us straight in a row. First one she was bred to a coffee colored appy, second two she was bred to a Palomino. I've always heard you need to breed them to a solid to get the more spots, but you never know.
wacko.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
CONGRATS on your pretty little baby!
aktion033.gif
I think she's hidding those spots on purpose LOL, hope she spots out for you!

Latest posts

Back