Lease / Free Lease Contract

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to make some changes here at Whinny For Me Farm. This is a milestone. In my entire life, I have not ever given away or sold an animal, but I am going to be free-leasing two of my mares to a friend who lives nearby. I can check on them anytime and will retain ownership.

Do any of you have an example of a lease or free lease contract you could share with me? I'm mainly wanting it spelled out that I do retain ownership, they're not to be bred and that I want the lady leasing them to be responsible for any vet bills (which they've not ever had to date).

She's wanting them to keep her mini gelding company. I'm going to let her "borrow" my silver dapple mare, Tinkerbell, and my cremello mare, Morningstar...

This is a huge change in my horse dealings... But in a way, things are coming full circle. Eleven years ago, my first horse was given to me in this kind of way (my arab x qh, Sky).

Thanks,

Jill

PS My email address is [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jill,

I can't help with a contract, but I just wanted to say

that making a decision like that, I know is difficult,

but it sounds like a very nice arrangement.
smile.gif

I have 'placed' three minis and have been SO

very pleased with their new parents.
smile.gif
)

Even though they are far away, I get emails and pics

and I LOVE hearing about them. "))

Sandy

p.s. I too am nervous for you about your colts in the Nationals!!!!

A HUGE GOOD LUCK
biggrin.gif
I see that Erica has done

great so far!!! The classes are so big!

Latest posts

Back