Learning by experiene, well darn,

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Several years ago a neighbor went on holidays (thats Canadian for vacation). I drove by the place on my way to and from town and noticed he was one horse short in the pasture. That evening I went over to speak with the person he had doing chores and milking while he was gone and asked about the horse. He was as clueless as the Boulder police department. Did not know there was a horse missing. I went looking for her. When I came around the barn I could see some broked big round bales in his shed. This standardbred mare had climbed in over the first row of bales and got stuck and struggled and ended up upside down wedged between the big round bales . Thats where she died. Nothing left for me to do other than call the dead stock hauler since there was no way I could leave that horse where she was for another week.

Thanks so much for the good thoughts. It for sure has helped.

She is so sore does not wanting baby nursing, so we have tied her to let him nurse. But this morning she was letting him. Not near as long as he would have liked, but she tolerates it for a little while, more often.

She is on Bute and tagament. The Bute seems to take the edge off more. Some of the swelling has gone down. Have been putting a cream on it to pull some of the pain and swelling. But you can tell she has been rubbing it some and it looks pretty nasty.

She is only on grass hay and munches a little at a time. She almost acts tired by eating so she'll stop. She is passing manure and it is almost normal, so that's good. She is drinking good and you can tell she has rehydrated.

We are walking her and letting her out with supervision hoping she will walk on her own. It seems 4 steps at a time is all she is good for. Let her compose herself and we go 4 more. Last night we found too she has some type of a hip injury on the right side. Not really out of place, maybe out of line. Along with a lower right leg injury. That is the side she was down on. Will be investigating both of those more later today.

thanks again for the kind words.

Latest posts

Back