LB FOAL COUNT

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had noticed the same thing, not as many angel foals later in the season. Makes me glad that mine was bred for a later foal in 06'. Great job with all those numbers!!!
aktion033.gif

k9mini2 said:
Thank you for the information.
aktion033.gif

I found it extremely interesting. especially I noticed that there were so many (higher percentage) of angel foal in the early months of the year and none or few in the very warm months of the year.

Do you suppose the cold weather has something to do with this or is it just coincidence?

461387[/snapback]

I think that a part of it is that the "angels" aren't necessarily full term, so any abortions may be counted as "angels".

My one angel this year was close to term, just two weeks or so off, but the umbilical cord was twisted and killed him so he was aborted.
sad.gif

Thanks, Robin, for taking care of this!

Liz M.

My pleasure!
yes.gif
I hope you'll let me do it again next year.

I have another page of additions to add already.

I will do my best to break down the stats like I did last years count. If my eyes hold up! LOL!!
wacko.gif

What are angels and dwarves?I'm guessing dwarves are just premies,and angels died.
sad.gif

Dwarves are malformed horses, either from genetics and very rarely from environmental issues. They mostly have health problems and many don't live long.

Maybe someone will post a photo for you to see. You should see Bill's adorable Brat Pack!

Angels are foals that did not live, either aborted, twisted cords, lost in the sacs, or any number of reasons.

I hope this helps?
smile.gif

Thanks, yes that helps.That is sad.
sad.gif
Some of the dwarfs live but are malformed , but are they so severely malformed they couldn't be shown AMHA?I'd love to see the pic of Brat Pack.I bet he/she is cute!!
aktion033.gif
biggrin.gif

No Dwarves cannot ever be registerd or shown. (Sigh, least they Shouldn't be, I know a few have slipped in esp in the early years.)

Robin the whole site looks Great!! I am not sure if you got my girl, March 10 Winning Streak Star Image... aka Haley.. bay filly, blaze, two small hind socks... here's a pic, just for fun.

haley.jpg

Latest posts

Back