LB 5th Annual Christmas Decorating Contest!!! WE HAVE WINNERS!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
Announcing Lil Beginnings 5th ANNUAL CHRISTMAS DECORATING CONTEST!

Add your entries HERE

martybarn.jpg

GREETINGS to all forum members from my barn in the mountains of Tennessee, the CHRISTMAS DECORATING capital of the world! This is your official Lil Beginnings resident CHRISTMAS Holiday Elf who plays CHRISTMAS Carols all 365 days a year and is now bearing a close resemblance to Mrs. Claus. And speaking of Mrs. Claus, she is the reason why I am here with you today.

It’s beginning to look a lot like CHRISTMAS isn’t it?

Mrs. Claus paid me another visit and wanted me to ask each and every one of you to join in the CHRISTMAS fun here on LB again this year by entering the 5th Annual CHRISTMAS DECORATING Contest sponsored by Lil Beginnings. While Santa is busy preparing for his flight all around the world, Mrs. Claus wants you to get all your horses, carts, and barns decorated to help welcome Santa and celebrate the season of peace, love, and joy in your hearts.

ENTRY FEE:

Your entry fee is CHRISTMAS SPIRIT!

There are two contest categories for you to enter:

1. HORSE AND BARN

This contest will be judged on both horse and barn as one entry. Horse and barn both must be decorated. Decorate your horse as Christmassy as you want and display him/her by your decorated barn, stall, or shelter. Anything goes. Use any props you want for staging. Submit your best picture.

2. HORSE AND CART

This contest will be judged on both horse and cart as one entry. Your horse must be Christmassy decorated and your cart must be decorated as well. Horse must be hitched up to the cart. Submit your best picture.

RULES:

DO NOT USE LAST YEARS PICTURES! AND......do not try to trick us using clip art! That will get you an automatic notation on the naughty list faster than you can say "I'VE BEEN A NAUGHTY LOW DOWN DIRTY CONTEST CHEATER SANTA.”

VIDEOS:

We love videos! So if you want to submit a video to enhance your decorations too that's great, but a picture is still required.

NOTE: If you have won a prize in this contest in the past, you can most certainly enter again!

HOW AND WHEN TO ENTER:

You may begin posting your entrees in this thread on December 1st. Be sure you label your picture to say which contest you are entering. If you are entering two contests, then hit reply, and post your other picture on the next post so everyone will keep each entry straight. The last day to enter will be December 13th around 8:00 PM Central Time. This is so you will have time to receive your prize in the mail before CHRISTMAS and get to use it if you want. I will be PM-ing the winners on December 14th for your home address so be sure to be online and look for my PM so you can respond right away.

ANOTHER NOTE:

There are so many new-comers here on the forum and we'd love to get to know you better so show us what you got!

I also want to see a lot of the old timers that are lurking about get back into the swing of things and participate! You've been missed! And what better way for you to turn up and surprise us with JOY than to enter the contest!

TIPS AND IDEAS:

Here are some general all purpose DECORATING hints and helps: If you don't have a lot of decorations to use, or any extra money to spend on them, not to worry! Oh goodness no. Sometimes less is more. Its not how much stuff you put all over your horse, barn, or cart, it’s how well you use your decorations and place them. Just because a horse, barn, or cart is loaded with gobs and gobs of decorations, does not guarantee a win. Judging is not based on who has the most stuff. If you can’t get an idea of what to do or where to start, look at some CHRISTMAS cards or magazines or CHRISTMAS art work for inspiration. For those driving in parades, that is a perfect time to get some great pictures taken, but be sure the background is not “busy” and loaded up with other people and things so that your picture will be the main focus. Use your decorations wisely, make it pretty and fun!

IMPORTANT!

Just about all CHRISTMAS decorations out there are dangerous fire hazards, choking hazards, or poisonous if your horse gets into them, so if you plan on leaving any decorations around, make very sure they are way out of the reach of all your animals.

PRIZES:

There will be four prizes awarded from Head Elf Debby Bowen, owner of LB that she has chosen for the winners. There will be a first and second prize awarded in each category. The prizes are super nice, nice, nice and something that everyone here would love to have; trust me; but don’t enter the contests for the prizes. Do this for the fun of the season.

HONEST AND FAIR ELF JUDGES:

I will not tell you who the judges are but there will be three of them who are really good at this kind of thing. Two of them are not LB Forum members at all so you can be assured that this judging is very fair and impartial. Please be sure to be a good sport and congratulate all winners.

Have a lot of fun with this contest and MERRY CHRISTMAS to all!

SCROLL DOWN AND VIEW ALL PAGES TO SEE ENTRIES

Last edited by a moderator:
And as usual, I just have to add this Christmas picture that reminds me of you Marty, every time I see it!
default_yes.gif

That is us Mona and thank you so much!!! Huggies to you my friend!

Notice the cats still playing with the decorations....the terrier-type dog all worn out, and LOVE the expressions on the horses' faces! Can't zoom in enough to read what the pup in the door is saying, would someone please tell me??

Thank you soooo much for having this, it gives me the "good reason" to decorate Casper and his stall I needed. Kind of lost my motivation when I found out there's no Christmas parade this year, now you've given it back!!

Dancy, dancy, daaanccyy!! Jingle, jingle, jingleLY!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYBODY!!

Mona...fullsize on the phone just doesn't do it justice! LOL Thanks for telling me what it says. It's a great illustration of what to avoid while decorating. I spent yesterday separating my decorations int horse and house piles...hubby started to say something, then just shook his heaf and hid in the other room.

Christmas Greetings to all the forum decorating maniacs!

Its time for the 5th annual Lil Beginnings Christmas Decorating Contest to begin. Fa La La La La!

Before you enter your pictures, be sure you have reviewed the contest information above.

Let's have a wonderful time here. I know we are all very anxious to see your decorations!

Since I don't get to enter, I thought I'd post my last year's Christmas video for inspiration! Enjoy!

Now dash away! Dash away all! Go forth and decorate!

Peace & Luv,

Marty

I guess I'm the first entry?? Sharing Dapper Dan is one of my favorite things.

This is Dapper Dan and me at the Lawton-Fort Sill night parade in November. It was a very noisy parade since all the floats had generators and were playing music loudly, and there were several bands. We were next to a group of Harley riders in the waiting area. Dapper Dan did fantastic, even on two hills that were so steep we had to tack going down them. We stopped whenever the parade speed would allow so many children could pet and stroke Dapper Dan. That is his favorite part!

www.cassphoto.com/lawton2012.jpg

OK, I have two pictures. My daughter is first. She loves to go over next to the kids so they can pet. Second picture is granddaughter, age 7. She was not sure about doing a parade (been driving shows for 2 yrs) but by the end she was loving it. I'm bringing up the end but ended up with my back to the camera. The lights don't show up well either from the street lights or the camera flash.

DSC_0173.JPG DSC_0176.JPG

HORSE AND WAGON ENTRY - Hal & Deb Bryant

Here's our 2012 Christmas turnout. It's a Sesame St. Christmas!

Big Bird, Lamp Post with Sesame St. Sign,1,000 lights,and our little dog, Hoppy.

Merry Christmas, Everyone!

One pic is a morning parade we did and the other is a night time lighted parade.

2012ChristmasParade.jpg

xmas2012nightparade.jpg

Here is my entry for the Horse and Barn.

For Alana Totton.

Dec,10,2012 (9).JPG

Here is my entry for "Horse and Barn" I was hoping for a little more snow to cover the mud but not in the forcast this week.
default_wacko.png
My little monsters from left to right : Star,Sophie, Suzie,Phoebe and Muffy.
default_wub.png

ForumXmaspic.jpg

Here is my entry for "Horse and Barn" I was hoping for a little more snow to cover the mud but not in the forcast this week.
default_wacko.png
My little monsters from left to right : Star,Sophie, Suzie,Phoebe and Muffy.
default_wub.png

ForumXmaspic.jpg
I am impressed that they all stood like that--mine would have been all tangled and that package would have been history.
default_whistling.gif

Dannigirl : LOL! I have to admitt that I had to be quick with the camera and had my hubby help keep thier attention. As it was, the package did take a hit or two and a couple horses did try to sneak off once or twice
default_smile.png

I love seeing everyone's decorations. I purchased Pepper, my first miniature horse, a few months ago. I am madly in love with him. I decorated his harness and cart just to bring a smile to our friends and neighbors. This is my Horse and Cart entry.

Karen

IMG_5631.JPG

IMG_5632.JPG

IMG_5630.JPG

HORSE AND BARN ENTRY

From left to right: Rancher, Joseph & Hi-Ho.

The "presents" are flower boxes in the summer. I just made slip cover for them!

Merry Christmas, Everyone!

Faith Show & Horse Barn 026.JPG

Hey Guys! The judges are about to engage in a conference call. You will know who the winners are in an hour or so.

Good luck!

For anyone waiting for results, we have been stuck in a tie. We're taking a 15 minute break and then going to start from scratch again.

Latest posts

Back