Laube Clippers?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frizzle's Gal

Reaction score
I was thinking about buying laube clippers but Im not sure which style. Does anyone use laube for body clipping? If so which style do you like best? Thanks!

I have a set of Laube Mini Lazors and I love them. They are awesome. Very powerful and I get a clean clip every time.

Karen

I have a Laube set of clippers, but have the rechargeable. I love them for clipping fetlocks, bridlepaths and faces. But don't like them as the batteries do not last for a long time.

I also liked that I could adjust from 10-50 with the one blade on the rechargeables.

Oh and replacement blades are spendy as well.

So if I graded them:

Ease of use - A

Maintenance - D

Cost - C

I have a full size Laube and a mini Lazor. If you were going to buy one, I would definately go with the mini lazor. They can easily handle a body clip as well as they are small enough to handle the small places around legs and the face. Never had problems with mine. My full size ones are actually rebuilt and I've had it for 3 years. Need to send it back in for a maintance check-up, but no problems other wise. As long as you keep up maintance, oil, etc. your clippers will last a long time. And I use Andis blades on mine. The blades between the clippers are pretty interchangable. The actual Laube blades are expensive.

I have had the Laube Lazors for many years and I LOVE them. I love that with one clipper, you can switch from corded to rechargable. I love that the A5 blades fit on them. They are lightweight, run cool and quiet, always powerful to clip through thick or wet hair.

Where I work we have a set, and they take abuse... daily clipping, getting dropped on the asphalt, etc... and go strong.

Love them! They are easier to handle than the Double K's which would be my secondary recommendation.

Andrea

Latest posts

Back