Latest Update on my Brother

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shortpig

Reaction score
I have no idea what to believe anymore about my brother. I finally called the hospital and received the "You need to speak with his family line". Excuse me? I always thought a sister was a family member. After a couple minutes back and forth she finally gave me a litle info. He is dependent on the respirator. If they lower his BP meds a little his blood pressure drops almost instantly. He is awake part of the time and able to respond by writing notes. She also informed me that his wife can override his wishes. She has to agree to his requests. His Drs have asked the family to come in and meet with them for a conference on his condition and make some decisions. They haven't responded to their requests at this point. He is still in ICU and gets calories thru a feeding tube. She did say that was more for his family than for him. It gets them comfort knowing he is getting some form of nutrition.

So yesterday I got an email from his wife and she feels he needs to be able to get out of the bed, go outside and that will make a big difference in his recovery. She says he is smiling and laughing at jokes. She also said his grandson graduated from preschool last night and he wanted to go watch.

So right now I live with the ups and downs not really knowing what is going on. I can't get there and in all honesty it could end real bad as I couldn't watch him laying there hooked to all those machines unable to do anything for him. My brother Lee feels like I do. Totally helpless and wishing we could get the full story of his condition at least.

As far as his cancer they needed to do 6 more radiation treatments but had to stop at 10. They pretty much believe that if will now continue to grow uncontolled. He is still in pain and receiving pain medication as much as possible.

Thought I would update everyone.

I wish i had some words of comfort...but please know you all are in my thoughts.

Latest posts

Back