latest additions to my petting zoo

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlene

Reaction score
i picked up my last 2 fainters yesterday. this is sheldon...

Sheldon-1.jpg

and t-bone...

T-bone-1.jpg

they were just recently weaned and it's been so beastly hot here, they are a bit thin but i don't think it'll take long before they bulk up. the girls bossed them around for a few minutes but then they settled right in...

herd.jpg

they are SO lovable and unlike the girls when i first got them, these boys are very tame since they have been handled from birth. i can't wait till it cools off and i can spend more time with them!!!

T-boneandSheldon.jpg

thanks for looking!

They are very cute.

I wouldn't mind having a few goats, but hubby says no. I think they'd be great weed-eaters and good for cleaning up cattle corrals and fencelines, but they'd probably also be great "bait" for the local coyotes, and I don't want them in the yard.

default_aktion033.gif
I love Them!! T.Bone is such a cool looking little guy. Im a major fan of goats wish I had a couple...they always look so clean...do goats ever get dirty?

Thanks for sharing your petting zoo additions
default_wub.png

chanda, contrary to popular belief, goats can be picky eaters. there are lots of weeds and brush that they won't eat. like any other grazer, they much prefer the good stuff usually grown in pastures. i have had goats in the past and never found them to be good at keeping fence rows, etc., clean. maybe i just had picky goats!
default_biggrin.png

LOL, i thought t-bone's little polka dots were so cute! goats are SO easy to take care of, they require very little...just good hay or pasture, a little grain and fresh water. they are pretty self sufficient. goats abhor being wet so you won't see them out in the rain and consequently, dirty from mud and such. they keep themselves clean and i have seen them groom themselves much like a cat.

chanda, contrary to popular belief, goats can be picky eaters. there are lots of weeds and brush that they won't eat. like any other grazer, they much prefer the good stuff usually grown in pastures. i have had goats in the past and never found them to be good at keeping fence rows, etc., clean. maybe i just had picky goats!
default_biggrin.png
We mostly just have grass to clean up in areas where the lawn mower or swather don't fit and I don't have a weedeater of anykind to clean up those areas. so, not truly looking for them to eat weeds.

They are so cute!!!! I'd be out there playing with them (in the shade)
default_laugh.png

went to the farm supply store this week looking for hay racks i could put up in the barn. couldn't find anything suitable but saw these outside, propped up against some dog kennels...

hayrack1.jpg

i offered the guy five bucks and brought 2 of them home. they were part of a store display they no longer use. slapped one up just to see how it would work and it's PERFECT!! i wish i had these when i had my mini boys!!!

hayrack2.jpg

i threw caution to the wind and decided to heck with the heat, i needed to get out and do some physical work! so, i hauled some stumps up from the timber and made the goats a little playground. they LOVE it!

playground2.jpg

then i went to town and picked up another spool for them. they sleep in a heap on the big one, all night long!

winkinonspools.jpg

when they are playing, they chase each other on and off of the spools. when they are all up there, there's lots of head butting going on. SO cute to watch them!

cuteness overload! I miss my goats, they are so fun. Great idea on the hayrack, that's perfect!

Latest posts

Back