Late Foal Announcement

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim~Crayonboxminiatures

Reaction score
This little guy was born on July 15, but I've been so busy didn't get a chance to post his arrival until now. I missed his birth, but am soo grateful that all went well without me, considering this was a maiden mare! I named him "Crayonbox Wild West Surprise" (pending) and I call him Wild West. Birth height 21" and cannon 6.5", should mature around 30-33"

Here he is a couple hours old:

Canyon.colt2.7-15-05.jpg

I clipped him a week or so ago, and my question is the roany white spots on his side, would you consider them to be sabino or appaloosa markings? His sire is a leopard appaloosa, and his dam I believe to be a tobiano/sabino pinto. He has four white socks/stocking and a white star, but no lip markings.

Wildwest.clp.8-2-05.jpg

Wildwest.clp2.8-2-05.jpg

Wildwest.spots.8-2-05.jpg

Hi Kim!

Can't help on the coloring but He is just perfect!
biggrin.gif

My guess is a pintallousa. He has appy spots as well as pinto. I love him
wub.gif

cjmm

Id say he is a pintaloosa - And WOW what a pretty boy I really love his markings!
wub.gif
I think I have a soft spot for pintaloosa's
wub.gif

He is definitely a pintaloosa. I would expect that given time his "Frosting/Roaning" areas will white out. He will also probably develop more spots as he ages. Very nice baby congrats.

Well since he was born on my 46th birthday and 10th wedding anniversary, I think you should send him to ME and then I'll play with his colors here!
rolleyes.gif

I would guess the roany areas are appy related especially since he has blk spots over those areas too. He is a real beauty, congrats!!!

He's so adorable
wub.gif
and I was wondering when you were finally going to announce him
biggrin.gif
! I had a great time seeing him and all your other horses this weekend, thanks for letting me visit!

Youv'e got yourself a beautiful pintaloosa.. He is a VERY gorgeous boy!!
wub.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my, what a good looking boy. I would be willing to keep him here and post updates on his colour. Congrats

Latest posts

Back