Last foal for this year...Little Abbie

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sundaymom

Reaction score
Wanted to share my last and 3rd filly for this year. Abbie is the tinest little thing born to my granddaughters big girl, AMHR only, solid white with black head pinto and my app stud. Abbie has white hairs and spots under her little butt hair.

I was really worried about her at first. I think she was a little premature, for I didn't expect her until the last of July. She was born on July 14th. She had one fainting spell but after that one seemed to do okay.

I have never seen a foal breathe so hard and pant. As if to answer my worries, I came in to Lil Beginnings and saw another post about a foal and symptoms of overheating. I went right back out and holding her in one hand and the clipper in the other, clipped some of her body hair off. It did the trick. I tried not to take a whole lot for fear of sunburn. I now feel confident to introduce little Abbie to you all.

abbie3daysolda.jpg

abbiepasture11.jpg

Congratulations on little Abbie!

What a preciou8s petite little filly. I love her little dished face!!

What a little doll! Congratulations! Enjoy her
default_wub.png

Thank you everyone for your kind remarks.

You can sure tell Abbie and Copper are sisters. Cooper is in the picture at right when she was a baby.

Mini's are so much fun. Not only guessing color but size. Cooper when born was red, so I registered her as sorrel, but now she has brindle coming in on legs and coat is getting a different sheen to it so I'm thinking she will be a silver bay.

Abbie's mom is a big girl compared to my others and yet it will be hard to tell who will remain smaller Abbie or Cooper. Both will be well uner 34".

Thanks again for having a place to come and share ones interest in this little horses.

Latest posts

Back